• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus Ares 5870

That would be 5970 not 5870.


5970 uses 5850's GPU not 5870's I think.

So that card is pretty much CFX 5870. Obviously better than the 5970 since what I mentioned.

"While the card we are showing here is a production sample, ASUS assures us that it will be available in about 2 months or so. The ASUS ARES as it is called is a dual-GPU Evergreen product with a pair of TRUE HD 5870 GPUs - not a combination of HD 5850 GPUs like the Radeon HD 5970 released back in November. "
 
"While the card we are showing here is a production sample, ASUS assures us that it will be available in about 2 months or so. The ASUS ARES as it is called is a dual-GPU Evergreen product with a pair of TRUE HD 5870 GPUs - not a combination of HD 5850 GPUs like the Radeon HD 5970 released back in November. "

That's incorrect. The 5970 has two 5870 cores (full 1600 shaders) but clocked at 5850 speeds (725/1000).
 
two 8-pin and one 6-pin pci-e power connectors :eek: correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's a power supply that can run two of those in crossfire.
 
two 8-pin and one 6-pin pci-e power connectors :eek: correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's a power supply that can run two of those in crossfire.

Though rare, there are PSU's that have enough PCI-E plugs to run this in CrossFire. The Thermaltake Toughpower 1500w is an example.
 
This is the scoop on the CURRENT 5970s : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5970,2474.html

The ASUS Ares and the XFX 5970 "Black" or whatever it's called are truely 5870 X2s.
This means that both chips are at the stock 5870 clocks and memory, AND the onboard memory has been increased to 4GB.

What this really amounts to is a dual HD 5870 E6.
The cost is going to be well over $1000, and they are being made in limited runs of 1000 cards.
 
Some new pics of the card/cooler. I wonder how far off availability is from now.

13.jpg

14.jpg


http://www.3dnews.ru/news/ASUS-ARES-HD-5970-budet-vesit-35-kg
 
Back
Top