Asus A8NE FM OEM

clSs

n00b
My fellow geeks,

Im dutch and i have a problem with the mobo named above, and i want to warn you about it

The "ASUS" A8NE FM OEM is NOT an ASUS mobo but a cheap rip-off from Fujitsu Siemens sold as an ASUS mobo. Do not buy this bord it is not supported by ASUS so you have absolutely no BIOS updates or what so ever. I was ripped off like this....my dual core processor is not working properly and i have no BIOS update to fix it...When you look just above the PCI slots you can see a sticker with the ASUS name and model....when you would want to pull it off (WARNING!) you can see the Fujitsu-Siemens logo underneeth it.

Just wanted to let you guy's know,

Greets

The A8N-E FM is not listed on the Asus site...

If you wanted a cheap motherboard, then the A8N5X (vanilla nF4) may be a good choice.

Actually, what is the difference between the A8N5X and A8N-E beside the chipset? I have looked at their specs and they both seems identical :confused:

Para

Bios update from asus for A8NE-fm i had a bios 1004. This is 1005.007 version and it workt fine by me.

Could you put a new link's to those bioses. My brother has that mobo and when we flashed it's bios to newer one 1010 we lost the possibilite to change ram timings.
If someone would know someone who would have a bios that would alloud to change ram timings and ram clock speed that would be great.

I plan on getting the Asus A8n-E Nforce 4 sli board... it actually got mostly five star reviews by quite a large number of users that had no problems with it. That is what i am looking for. A board that boots up...has no problem with drivers and graphics and can run an X2 3800 CPU. Seems to have most evrything i want like PCI -E X 16 and three PCI slots...and the same sound as the one i'm using now which is good enough.

Is this a good board for all intent and purposes..? My previous board just before the new one i have now..( which has been a nightmare..which i've just given up on it ) wa as Asus P4P800 Deluxe and was an outstanding P4 board which had the same features as the one i want above.

I would get the better of the lots..like the 32 model or Premium..but the board above is like $96.00 and is featrue packed. Also has auto OC'ing which i like and auto bios update tool.

:eek: :)

the asus a8n-e is one fine board.after using 3 other nf4 ultra boards and finally trying the asus board it is in my opinion the best all around nf4 non sli board on the market.it does everything well.its hard to say that a board is perfect but this board comes as close as humanly possible,if it had firewire it would be but for 10 dollard that problem can be fixed.i run a business off this board and its o/clocked by 500 mhz to 2500mhz runs 1to 1 with the ram at htt of 250 with stock voltage on the cpu and ram.runs tight timings also 2.5 3 3 6 and 1T.its amazing to me how fast this board is.and to bott the layout is perfect.there is no way any one in his rite mind could not be happy with this board.so order it up and enjoy .you will be totally pleased with it.setup is a breeze,price of 98.00 is a steal and newegg is the best online retailer on the net today.ups is not as good as fedex but its cheaper and with me they have been on time but i like fedex much better.

Back