Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe was available

norky

Limp Gawd
for about a couple of hours @ zzf last night. i grabbed one, they'll probably get more soon.

norky said:
for about a couple of hours @ zzf last night. i grabbed one, they'll probably get more soon.

I bought one from a local computer shop and the shop owner told me it's coming on thursday....about the SLI x16, x16....will this mobo be able to reap the full benefits of dual x16 full speed, thus being able to compete with ATI's crossfire technology?

Is that the only really good feature of this mobo?

Did you receive your mobo yet? if so please post some pics i would luv to see it... :D

I am thinking of getting this board but will probably go with the a8n premium since I've had much better luck with the last of a series than with the first.

Also could someone explain to me the real world benefits of 2x 16 pci express at the moment? Usually when I ask about this board people blast me with "cards wont even take advantage of that for a while, its not worth getting!", are they right? I thought I heard somewhere that high resolution graphics will see an advantage now(not sure where or how true it was though...).

This Review on Hothardware has suggested that when using SLI-AA (8x or 16x) at high resolutions you could see a performance difference of up to 50-60%.

When not using SLI-AA, it's about the same as the A8N Premium.

All this is preliminary, and I'm merely optimistic until I try this for myself. I should have an A8N32 tomorrow to play with.

I just wanna know if you can get a soundcard on that thing with 2 dual slot cooled vid cards or whatever its called(2x arctic silencers to be exact). They make a reference about being pci slot limited and something about it being "tight" but I dont know exactly what that means and they didnt bother to use anything but onboard audio in any of the test systems.

Anyone actually have this and can tell me if a it can take 2 7800gt with silencers AND say and x-fi/audigy soundcard? Thats really my prime concern right now and will be the deciding factor between this thing and the a8n premium...

Advil said:
This Review on Hothardware has suggested that when using SLI-AA (8x or 16x) at high resolutions you could see a performance difference of up to 50-60%.

When not using SLI-AA, it's about the same as the A8N Premium.

All this is preliminary, and I'm merely optimistic until I try this for myself. I should have an A8N32 tomorrow to play with.

Where are you getting it?

Deadsexy said:
I just wanna know if you can get a soundcard on that thing with 2 dual slot cooled vid cards or whatever its called(2x arctic silencers to be exact). They make a reference about being pci slot limited and something about it being "tight" but I dont know exactly what that means and they didnt bother to use anything but onboard audio in any of the test systems.

Anyone actually have this and can tell me if a it can take 2 7800gt with silencers AND say and x-fi/audigy soundcard? Thats really my prime concern right now and will be the deciding factor between this thing and the a8n premium...

Apparently not. It's just a poor board design.

Newegg had them in stock last night (but they weren't listed nor did they show up in a search... and they were labled as BFG Tech A8n32-sli) and i ordered right before 10pm EST. I called new egg just now and they've confirmed that my board will be shipping today :eek: hurrah

is it worth getting this or should i jsut stick to getting A8N SLI Premium? What's the main difference anyway?

jhego said:
is it worth getting this or should i jsut stick to getting A8N SLI Premium? What's the main difference anyway?

The difference in that in resolutions 1280x768 and above with 4xAA and 16xAF in SLI ONLY you'll see somthing like a doubling of framerates. So if you have a 7800 SLI setup and game then it makes a LOT of sense. Too bad the layout sucks but the tech beneath it is well worth the money.

correct me if Iam wrong but the SLI bridge connecter is optional or a requirement since we have DUAL X16 PCI-E slots?

some mistakes in the spec page on newegg.

also scan.co.uk has some minor mistakes (WIFI antena?), or though they may have the WIFI version?

kleox64 said:
correct me if Iam wrong but the SLI bridge connecter is optional or a requirement since we have DUAL X16 PCI-E slots?

SLI needs a bridge connector afaik.

Bar81 said:
The difference in that in resolutions 1280x768 and above with 4xAA and 16xAF in SLI ONLY you'll see somthing like a doubling of framerates. So if you have a 7800 SLI setup and game then it makes a LOT of sense. Too bad the layout sucks but the tech beneath it is well worth the money.
Actually, performance increase is only evidence when using the unique-to-SLI "SLI-AA 8X" or "SLI-AA 16X". Just turning on AA or AF won't show the increase. It has to be the discrete SLI-AA mode that is unique to NVIDIA SLI systems.

H

P.S. Still waiting for confirmation from another review, however, about whether those increases are real, however.

Dag, thanks jwill. I've been looking to get this thing for a couple of months now. Just missed them at zipzoomfly. My order is in with mwave and I don't see anything to indicate that they are out of stock. I've never thought mwave to be the most reliable, though - but I'll sure change my tune if they come through for me. :D

DAMN they liked it, looks like ASUS has hit the nail with this one. I was worried about the stability compared to the matured A8N-SLI but it looks good to me from that review. Now waiting for scan to stock these... errrr and the 512MB GTX's I dont want to wait untill after XMAS. :cool:

Hmmm the AT review says that there isn't that huge boost in performance that had been stated in another review site (they were talking about Hot Hardware), but I didn't see any tests in SLI-AA. Did I miss it?

Back