• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS A8N Sli Vcore problem

Ogre67

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 9, 2002
Messages
457
Been working on my X2 3800 OC some more. From others replies I can boot it into windows at 2450 so far so woot but freezes when you put any stress on it.

Now I noticed that no matter what I set the Vcore in the bios it comes up 1.4 in windows. I think its whats holding me back at this point. Check bios shows as 1.425 in bios yet no matter what stays 1.4 in windows.

Thoughts?
 
Been that way for a while now. All A8N-sli boards are having problems with vcore. however, X2 especially have a problem with Vcore. Have you tried the later bioses? 78.03 and 78.05 versions are stable. People using the 8*.** seemed to find them better.
 
update the BIOS that did the trick for me. It is a known issue, search and you should find tons of info on it. the updating of the BIOS works for some people and not for others I believe.
 
RHollister said:
update the BIOS that did the trick for me. It is a known issue, search and you should find tons of info on it. the updating of the BIOS works for some people and not for others I believe.

May I ask was which BIOS version works for you?
 
Read the instructions on updating the bios before you start. I think from bios 1006 on, you have to install some driver before installing the bios. Otherwise, you will not post. Go to asus website and read on what drive needs to be installed before installing the 1006 and later bioses.
Although I did install the driver, it was a had install and when I flashed the bios, I could not post. It was a pain. But once everything works, it was very stable.
 
magnuspah said:
Read the instructions on updating the bios before you start. I think from bios 1006 on, you have to install some driver before installing the bios. Otherwise, you will not post. Go to asus website and read on what drive needs to be installed before installing the 1006 and later bioses.
Although I did install the driver, it was a had install and when I flashed the bios, I could not post. It was a pain. But once everything works, it was very stable.


very good point. I used the windows BIOS updater. I really had no other option since i dont have a floppy drive. Some people have reported problems with the windows installer, I found it to work fine.
 
magnuspah said:
Read the instructions on updating the bios before you start. I think from bios 1006 on, you have to install some driver before installing the bios. Otherwise, you will not post. Go to asus website and read on what drive needs to be installed before installing the 1006 and later bioses.
Although I did install the driver, it was a had install and when I flashed the bios, I could not post. It was a pain. But once everything works, it was very stable.


Not posting as in POST or as in Windows not loading due to the nForce driver not up to date (v6.65)?

RHollister,
so BIOS 1006 beta solved your vcore issue with an X2 cpu?

Thanks.
 
Not posting as in not being able to get into windows....I would just get a blue screen of death...I can get in safemode but nothing else. I don't remember how I solved it but it took a little research and a lot of pain....I would highly recommend reading up on what is needed first before doing a bios flash, especially a beta one.
I am now waiting (unrealistically) for a bios (hack or official I don't care) that will allow me to up the vcore from 1.55V to higher...
 
Back
Top