• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus A8N-Sli Upgrade

Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
1
Today I ordered the Asus A8N-SLI from newegg. I also picked up 2 6600GT's and a 3200+ winchester cpu. I am hoping this is better than the last upgrade I had which was an Abit K8V-Max 3/Athlon 64 3200+ 1MB Cache/ Radeon 9800 Pro. I have had nothing but problems with this setup. I even tried a new Nforce 3 250GB mainboard but that didnt help at all so I decided to get all new stuff and start over. I know SLI is overpriced but I got a deal on the video cards. I will let everyone know how it goes.

My Setup Will be
---------------------------
Thermaltake Tsunami Chassis
Asus A8N-SLI
AMD Athlon 3200+ 90nm
1024MB Micron DDR400 (Old stuff , Hope it works)
2X Geforce 6600GT (SLI) (I got them for $290 total so I cant complain)
2X Raptor 36.7GB RAID 0
1X 160GB WD SATA
Standard other stuff.

I cant wait until this stuff comes!!!!
 
wow, must be nice to be able to just start over like that. :p

I'd personally wait until SLI, dual core proc, and dual core GPUs(just think of it...2 dual core gpus running in SLI, thats like 4 GPUs!!!!), SATAII, & DDR2 all become defacto (or atleast readily available).
 
Back
Top