asus a8n-sli Premium vs. Deluxe??

urbanlegend786

Limp Gawd
which is better...i no im a retard but delux or premium cuz premium is more money but i always thought deluxe would be a better board....im soo confused and if someone oculd help me out i would appreeciate it. I know this question is retarted so if you guys could keep the flaming to a minimum id appreciate it

They're the same except the Premium has a heatpipe for the chipset instead of a fan. And maybe a better voltage regulation or some crap.

Can't go wrong with either one. The Premium has heatpipe for the northbridge. The deluxe uses a whiny little 40mm fan that many people wind up replacing because of either malfunction or noise for the Northbridge. Also the premium lets you select SLI in the BIOS rather than an external chip.

Both overclock well...both have pretty much the same BIOS features. The premium is a slightly upgraded deluxe.

Cheers and good fortune.... ;)

The new revision of the Deluxe already replaced the chipset fan.

The Premium has basically replaced the Deluxe as a catalogue item, and is identical in all but the heatpipe as perople have mentioned. I've a later release of the Deluxe and it most certainly does not have the chipset fan problem people like to talk about. I suspect Asus changed to a heatpipe alternative purely to avoid the bad publicity they'd received after the original release with a cruddy fan.

The Deluxe is an excellent board if you can get it cheaper. Get the vendor to show you the board to tell if it's old stock of the original release though. the original had the chipset heatsink mounted square with the CPU socket, whereas the later improved release has a chipset heatsink which is rotated 45 degrees, and appears in 'diamond' layout in comparison with the CPU socket.

I have 2 Deluxe boards. One early and one "revised" My main gaming rig has the original with square set fan......over 1 year old and never a problem.
The second is the 45 degree angle set fan (different lower RPM fan, by the way) and is used by my son, on almost 12-16 hours on weekends and 4 hours during school. Never a problem in >6 months. The Deluxe is a damn fine board, get one if you can find one.

The other difference is deluxe has a hardware SLI switch, premium has software.

If i can more money to spend on my pc, i would probally have bought the deluxe. I just have the regular one.

Back