Asus A8N-SLI Premium SATA driver question

mr.dearthian

Limp Gawd
Question for you folks. I got all the parts for my system upgrade. I also got 2x250GB SATA drives. Where on the ASUS software cd are the WinXP drivers to put on floppy during the WinXP system installation? I've been poking around, and I have no clue what to you (this hasn't been a problem in the past when building SATA systems for friends with other ASUS boards). I have no plans on doing RAID. Do I need to use them anyway to get WinXP (my original copy without any service packs; yeah it's an older copy) to recognize the SATA drives? And if so, which ones?

BTW, for those curious, here is the full system:

X2 4400+
Zalman CNP9500
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
2GB Crucial PC3200
2x250GB Seagate HDDs
Albatron 7800GT
Audigy 2ZX (from prev system)
Sony DVD burner (from prev sys)
TDK CD 52X CD-RW (from previous sys)
floppy drive (from prev sys)
OCZ Modstream 450W
Lian-Li PC-V2000B case (from previous sys)

Thanks a bunch,

Mr.Dearthian

Dude, you are thinking of the RAID drivers. If you are not creating a RAID array then you have no need for those drivers. If the windows installer sees the drives and you can create a partition you are set to go.

Cool. I kept thinking to the other SATA rigs I've built in the last year for friends and I could have sworn that I needed regular SATA drivers on a floppy to install Windows XP.

Mr.Dearthian

man it sucks not comming with a floppy, i have 2x80gig Sata hard drives, and i had to install windows on a extra hard drive, make the drivers disk, then install windows again.

Actually the raid drivers are on the disk

You have to do some searching but they are hidden behind a make disc icon in one of the nvidia folders on the mobo disk right next to the S controller drivers

snoops said:
Dude, you are thinking of the RAID drivers. If you are not creating a RAID array then you have no need for those drivers. If the windows installer sees the drives and you can create a partition you are set to go.

Right on, brother!! Everything went just as you said. wOOt!!

Thanks a bunch,

Mr.Dearthian

Sweet! Glad you got it working. Now get to overclocking that beast. I have almost the same rig. Your gonna love it. :D

Back