ASUS A8N-SLI Premium RMA

Sounds like you have a bad ram slot. I guess you can leave it in B1 and use the computer or call ASUS support get them to RMA it.

ok buntz, how come alot of peeps are having problems with this board, did asus make a bad bunch of them or something, or is it the hardware that people use. its werid man, cause like i said before, mine hasnt had one problem from day one. maybe i was one of the lucky ones, :confused: . i bought mine off of newegg, anyone else buys theres from there? for the ones that are having problems, i hope everyone gets them fixed, cause i fine this a really good board.

my future upgrades are going to be to the 4800+, 2gbs of ram 2x1gb sticks, and two 7900gs BFG cards. oh and a bigger PSU, 550watts is ok, but i think ill need more, :D for the extra power needed for the vid cards. good luck everyone. :cool:

I too just upgraded to the A8N-SLI Premium because the bios messed up on my Biostar TForce. I thought I was having problems with it when I first installed it but, I realized that my new PSU (Antec NeoHE 550W) was messed up. It wasn't powering my rig (it was only putting out 4.5V for the 5V rail). I'm using an Ultra 500W PSU until I get my RMA back from Antec.

I'm only having two issues with the board:

1) When I start the system up, the fans turn off then on about 3 times before I hear any beeps. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my system. After it posts, everything runs fine and Windows x64 loads normally.

2) My 7950GX2 is really big and blocks my the heatsink for the Northbridge. My case puts the Mobo upside down, is this okay for cooling? My NB temp goes up to around 45 on idle. Is this normal? I'm trying to find a way to either get a new HS or actively cool it. Any suggestions?

#1 question. My fans go right on when I hit the start button and stay on ,Try reinstalling the BIOS. I using the 1302 beta version of ASUS BIOS.
#2 My northbridge run around 40c at idle,goes to 45/48c when gaming, I am running two 7800GT,I can not even see the northbridge. I read somewhere that it is not good to run this board upside down because of the cool pipe for the northbridge does not work right, but your temp are not much higher then mine.
I had no more problem with this board since I got my replacement board back in Aug, it a good board,I just wish I could get a higher CPU voltage in the BIOS so I could overclock my CPU some more.

#1 question. My fans go right on when I hit the start button and stay on ,Try reinstalling the BIOS. I using the 1302 beta version of ASUS BIOS.
#2 My northbridge run around 40c at idle,goes to 45/48c when gaming, I am running two 7800GT,I can not even see the northbridge. I read somewhere that it is not good to run this board upside down because of the cool pipe for the northbridge does not work right, but your temp are not much higher then mine.
I had no more problem with this board since I got my replacement board back in Aug, it a good board,I just wish I could get a higher CPU voltage in the BIOS so I could overclock my CPU some more.

Thanks for the help. Where can I d/l the beta BIOS?

Go to ASUS web site. Click on support at the top of the page. Then click on downloads. Fill out the general download form,click on search. then click on the one that said BIOS in the blue color menu bar near the top of the page.[DO not click on the BIOS on the drop down list it will only give you BIOS 1009] Scoll down about half way down the page you will see 1302 BIOS. I been running this BIOS for about 6 months with no problems. If this does not fix your problem with the fans than you are going to have to call ASUS,there may be a problem with your board.

Hm, got the new BIOS running, seems to be working better. Fans don't turn off and on, just takes POSTs right away. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but anyone that has to rma the deluxe 6 times is a fool :p

and please don't tell me you're another one of the guys RMAing it for the chipset fan...oh please..

as far as i go, im running the bios 1009, and its been running strong. havent had the fans shutting off and back-on on cold boot. i would have checked to see if you had Q-fan turned on in bios. until asus makes that 1302 a full blown verison, im not running beta's, but as far as i can see, i dont think they will make it full blown, as they have the newer boards to worry about. dam them for giving up on the socket 939's.

as for the northbridge being upside down, i agree with buntz, i have to read not to run this board upside down as it does mess with the heatpipes cooling system.

for the guy that RMA'ed this board 6 times, all i have to say is, you must have tryed running the board laying flat on a piece of steel, running it out of the case. motherboards dont like being grounded that well. they do blow up, durr :confused:

Thank goodness for this thread. After 1 RMA, I thought my A8N-SLI would be fixed. Apparently the Bios is now giving me the 1-2-2 beep code which stands for BAD MOBO! :mad: I'm debating to replace it forever or RMA it...AGAIN. Any advice guys? (Bangs Head)

ok buntz, how come alot of peeps are having problems with this board, did asus make a bad bunch of them or something, or is it the hardware that people use. its werid man, cause like i said before, mine hasnt had one problem from day one. maybe i was one of the lucky ones, :confused: . i bought mine off of newegg, anyone else buys theres from there? for the ones that are having problems, i hope everyone gets them fixed, cause i fine this a really good board.

my future upgrades are going to be to the 4800+, 2gbs of ram 2x1gb sticks, and two 7900gs BFG cards. oh and a bigger PSU, 550watts is ok, but i think ill need more, :D for the extra power needed for the vid cards. good luck everyone. :cool:

One of my friends has the Premium version he got from Ebay and it works for the year and a half he's had it. I have the Deluxe and its been a PIA for the 2 years I've used it. :confused:

There have only been lots of RMAs because people want their chipset fan replaced. After mine blew after a month, I bought one that didn't need a fan...and I'm quite happy.

One of my friends has the Premium version he got from Ebay and it works for the year and a half he's had it. I have the Deluxe and its been a PIA for the 2 years I've used it. :confused:

I have the same one I think (A8N SLI-Deluxe) and I RMAd mine last wednesday. Thing just died and it wouldnt POST. But I was having problems with it a lot. Like random shutdowns (as in like someone pulled the plug from the wall, that kind of thing) and then when I tried pushing the button on my comp to turn it on that didnt work. And it would boot when I plugged in my psu to the socket. Then it died etc. So yeah, I went to newegg to buy the DFI one for $130, got the 1 day shipping too. Came at a bad time also because this week is vacation :*( GL to everyone w/ their RMA

Thank goodness for this thread. After 1 RMA, I thought my A8N-SLI would be fixed. Apparently the Bios is now giving me the 1-2-2 beep code which stands for BAD MOBO! :mad: I'm debating to replace it forever or RMA it...AGAIN. Any advice guys? (Bangs Head)

I had to send mine back twice. It worked fine for 6 months,than it crashed and would not reinstall windows.Asus fix the board the first time it lasted about 2 weeks before it crashed again, The second time I RMA it Asus replace the board and I have not had any trouble with it since Sept. when it was replace. I would RMA the board one more time,Tell ASUS you like them to replace the board with another board since this is the second time this board has broke.

I'm sorry, but anyone that has to rma the deluxe 6 times is a fool :p

and please don't tell me you're another one of the guys RMAing it for the chipset fan...oh please..

hell no. they dont last for chipset fan problems... I found out later on it was a CPU problem that was killing it.

they probably are, but i just did a google for award bios post codes and thats the first link i picked. its pretty sad when abit has come up with the little lcd screen on their mobos that displays a code on boot-up and why no other motherboard maker has thought of using that idea. i think its real easy, if they will use the same post codes as abit everyone will not have to remember the old post beep codes. i mean there are times i cant remember them all and im into the old vintage systems, ive still got an old pentium 120mhz still running and its runs stronge on win98se. :D

they probably are, but i just did a google for award bios post codes and thats the first link i picked. its pretty sad when abit has come up with the little lcd screen on their mobos that displays a code on boot-up and why no other motherboard maker has thought of using that idea. i think its real easy, if they will use the same post codes as abit everyone will not have to remember the old post beep codes. i mean there are times i cant remember them all and im into the old vintage systems, ive still got an old pentium 120mhz still running and its runs stronge on win98se. :D

I'm almost 100% sure that epox came out with the display code before everyone else ever...but then again i could be wrong once again...

Never thought back in Sept when I start this post that it would it last this long.:D One Hundred reply/3256 Views and 5 months later it still going.

thats cause this post has helped alot of us with our problems with the A8N-SLI Premium, even though some peeps post there Deluxe verisons in here, i really think that they are almost close to ours, but not quite. oh well, who am i to complain. its still cool to see that everyone posts their ideas and what have you.

Buntz, thanks for starting this post to help everyone out with their problems. :D

maybe we should start a A8N-SLI Premium Mobo Club. just a thought :D:p

hmm im having a similar problem, failing to boot, saying their is a vga faluire even though my grphics card is fine and working 100%, then it was starting to load windows and crash, also it would just hang before i could even get into the bios. so i look around inside pulled the sata plug out put it back in again and its working fine now. but that couln't have solved the problem. also ive gone through 6 psu's lol all been rmaed but i think the mobo could be killing them. and they were all good ones to 2*antec neohe 500watss and 2 silverstone strider 600watts.

specs in sig.

aaaand you don't show your sig...lmao

your first PSU probably ruined your mobo if you've gone through 6 of em...

I equal problem.. Reset CMOS, use all part @ default speed.

The problem is OCZ DDR400 no post or fail @ high FSB, now fix mem @ 133 (DDR266) for post and running @ 200 (DDR400)

Low speed RAM but stable machine runing FSB @ 312..

Now waiting 2GB Patriot DDR500.

Back