Asus A8N-sli cold boot problem

d3fc0n5

Limp Gawd
k i wanted to know if any of you other sli owners have had this prob with there boards. and it seems to only happen when im runing the 1003-5 beta bios (only one ive used besides the 1002). i have to clear the cmos to boot when runing that bios. has anyone esle had this prob with there boards thanks

when i overclock too much and the system locks, my board will do the same thing on reboot, no beeps no nuttin. i have to clear cmos to make it boot again.

I have had this problem but much worse. I have run the 1002 and the 1003-5 BIOS and actually have had probs with the board hanging in the BIOS hanging in windows crashing in windows and crashing on boot up. The board will boot up and nothing happens it just turns on no beeps no nothing that prolly happens about 60% of the time that i turn the damn thing on. The other 30% of the time it starts and hangs in the BIOS. Finally about 10% of the time the thing hangs when i start windows. Really weird but i think its the CPU....? well either way this is my second board so im sending the chip the vid card and the board back. I havn't really been able to track down what is wrong with this thing but i have seen the prob. Anyone been able to get this fixed?

i have had a few hang ups in the bios, especially when changing memory timings. i had alot of problems at first, but after flashing to the latest beta bios, and swapping my ch-5 memory for some tccd, i havent had any lockup problems yet, knock on wood. seems like this board was really twitchy when adjusting memory speeds. i must have cleared cmos about 10 times so far, just setting it up and experimenting.

Back