• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS A8N Northbridge cooler

theseeker

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
2,245
Does any one know if The Aqua Computer NB Cooler will fit on the ASUS A8N MB with dual graphic cards installed?
 
theseeker said:
Does any one know if The Aqua Computer NB Coller will fit on the ASUS A8N MB with dual graphic cards installed?

Yes and no. Yes it might fit, but you might have to grind off a bit of metal where it might hit a capacitor. Supposedly A-C is coming out with a SLI TwinPlex to address this problem. Rumor has it that it will be considerably thinner and use some kind of nozzle jets to enhance cooling capability. Heard about it long enough ago that it should be hitting the market very soon. I currently have some feelers out to ascertain a more firm delivery date, but probably won't hear back for a few days.

In the mean time the only known coolers that work without any mods are the Koolance chipset coolers. Also there is a product by Danger Den called the A8N SLI Maze 4 chipset block. Kinda looks like a A-C Twinplex too. However, the DD product is 10mm at the smallest and could be hooked up to a A-C system though it might be difficult. The Koolance series of coolers are the same size as A-C Plug n Cool (6mm) tubing.
 
Top Nurse said:
Yes and no. Yes it might fit, but you might have to grind off a bit of metal where it might hit a capacitor. Supposedly A-C is coming out with a SLI TwinPlex to address this problem. Rumor has it that it will be considerably thinner and use some kind of nozzle jets to enhance cooling capability. Heard about it long enough ago that it should be hitting the market very soon. I currently have some feelers out to ascertain a more firm delivery date, but probably won't hear back for a few days.

In the mean time the only known coolers that work without any mods are the Koolance chipset coolers. Also there is a product by Danger Den called the A8N SLI Maze 4 chipset block. Kinda looks like a A-C Twinplex too. However, the DD product is 10mm at the smallest and could be hooked up to a A-C system though it might be difficult. The Koolance series of coolers are the same size as A-C Plug n Cool (6mm) tubing.

Thanks TN, I have found the same as well and unfortunately I cannot find a way to change the fittings on the DD. I called them and they were not too friendly or helpful. I will probably use the Koolance until I can get the new Twinplex. Have you seen any pics of the new one?
 
theseeker said:
Thanks TN, I have found the same as well and unfortunately I cannot find a way to change the fittings on the DD. I called them and they were not too friendly or helpful. I will probably use the Koolance until I can get the new Twinplex. Have you seen any pics of the new one?

Ahh...no pics as they aren't official yet. Just rumors ;)
 
Hey guys got a new option for ya! How about a DD A8N Maze 4 cooler with Plug & Cool fittings on it so it goes good with a low flow system? Call Wes at Sharka and he can configure just about anything you might need in that chipset. :D
 
Back
Top