ASUS A8N is a POS!!!!

SupraNormal

Limp Gawd
Thats all i have to say after f**ing with this shitty ass board for a week. If I could do it again, I would have kept my abit nf7-s with my mobile xp and not upgraded until i saw a million reviews about how nf4 sucks ass, buy anything else. furthurmore, Asus should crawl into a hole and kill themselves for putting out a beta board and making me suffer thorugh this bullshit!.

I know, no one wants to admit it is a POS, but come on, with all the posts about its problems , not to mention the devil reincarnate in a fan, why aren't more people complaining.

Shrug, works fine for me.

Got my 3500+ Newcastle at 2.6Ghz.. no problems, as of yet.

Well you are lucky then, from all the threads here and on anandtech, this board seems to be teh ass, and in my personnal opinion, it is.

Yeah I've heard people having nothing but problems with this board. If you want super reliable nForce 4, you're probably going to have to get the DFI board.

talk about some flame bait

and seriously, with the new bios, this thing is stable as hell.

Dr. X said:
talk about some flame bait

and seriously, with the new bios, this thing is stable as hell.
What he said. The 1003 final bios seems to have fixed most, if not all of the stability issues with the A8N

Yeah I had some problems with it but I found out it was my own fault. After that this board has not let me down yet.

I RMA mine. Asus will have to pay me to get another one. Gygabyte is the only one that seems to have pt out a decent nf4 board. DFI looks promising and so doea MSI. First time I will not use an Asus board.....I hated my A8N-SLI.

I only had problems when enabling ncq. But I hear that my drive may stop being detected randomly on later bios revisions (I'm using 1002). Unfortunately ASUS in their infinite wisdom shipped the bios without a pci bus speed locking option. So I'm hosed for overclocking until ASUS gets their ass in gear and works out the problems with maxtor sata drives.

I'm not at all happy that ASUS shipped what amounts to beta boards. I'm surprised that I didn't notice any warnings on the reviews I read. You figure some reviewer would've found the problems...

ObSean said:
I only had problems when enabling ncq. But I hear that my drive may stop being detected randomly on later bios revisions (I'm using 1002). Unfortunately ASUS in their infinite wisdom shipped the bios without a pci bus speed locking option. So I'm hosed for overclocking until ASUS gets their ass in gear and works out the problems with maxtor sata drives.

I'm not at all happy that ASUS shipped what amounts to beta boards. I'm surprised that I didn't notice any warnings on the reviews I read. You figure some reviewer would've found the problems...

Well, I'm not a reviewer so this is pure speculation, but I do suspect that the reviewers only have the board a few days, and in many cases just see if the sucker posts at stock speeds, if it does then it's a good review. Also suspect they get special engineering samples that are proven to be stable, knowingly or otherwise.

Otherwise...even with honest reviews, take them with a grain of salt, and as one person's opinion. Not saying the reviews have no purpose, but also saying that a review isn't the end all of how a board will perform, just one person's experience with it. Your milage may vary, as they say.

To be on topic...well, yeah the poster is setting himself up as flame bait...but well, I've also had my share of problems. Is the board functional and mostly stable...sure. But not 100%, even now with Beta BIOS 1004.001, nor with the last posting of BIOS 1003 Final.

One can check my other threads for details on this but in short...

1) Had to switch to a 24 pin PSU to be stable initially, and now I'm occasionally having the same lock up right after the Windows splash screen that I had with a 20 pin PSU (I'm currently using a PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI, so I know my PSU isn't exactly junk...)

2) Chipset fan slowly dying (right now it's issuing a warning upon first posting that it isn't spinning, if I check the BIOS it's at about 2500 RPM...it does work it's way up to 7500 RPM in a few minutes, but it takes a while...others have had their chipset fan die also)

3) Any BIOS after 1002 won't accept NCQ drives, including 1003 Final and 1004.001 BETA. Had to switch hard drives to run a BIOS newer then 1002.

4) My HT is locked at 5x, despite what the BIOS is set for, based on at least what Sandra 2005 reads, been probably confirmed by my inability to get much over a 215 FSB memory OC with memory I know will do at least 240 FSB on any other board, and yes I've personally done so with this memory.

I was patient with this board, had it since late December in fact, right after Christmas. Not going to word it like the guy who started this post, but well...unless they sold out and just haven't updated their website yet, I should have a MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum SLI board sometime this week, if that gives you an idea of where I am with this board now.

Will I buy ASUS again...MAYBE, but I'll wait a month or so even if I am hot to get bleeding edge technology before I do, to make sure the board is okay. If you want to read posts of a similar nature, go look up stuff from six or seven months ago on a random forum about the pre-revision 2.0 ASUS A8V and the PCI-Lock.

Hope I don't get flamed for this personally. If you have no problems with your board, or have had similar ones and unlike me consider them minor, I'm just happy for you. But I'm not trying to draw flames personally, just relating my own experience. And if you do flame me personally, remember...won't change how I feel about the board. :p

My guess is that since this was the first SLI board out, it had the spotlight and with that comes scrutiny. Since it was the only one out there, people were picking it apart. I guarantee the other SLI boards have their quirks too, but you won't hear about them as much as with the Asus board.

With that said, I'm perfectly happy with mine. It OCs well and is stable. It just seems like some people can't be patient while they work out the problems in BIOS updates and jump ship at the first inkling of a problem.

Dr. X said:
With that said, I'm perfectly happy with mine. It OCs well and is stable. It just seems like some people can't be patient while they work out the problems in BIOS updates and jump ship at the first inkling of a problem.

If that's directed at me, if it was just BIOS problems, then I would still be patient. As I said, I've had this board for a month, and at least some of the problems don't seem to be BIOS related at all on my end.

To be frank, many of the complaint posts popped up regarding this board pretty soon as it was out. The Chaintech NForce 4 Ultra board and a couple Gigabytes have been out about as long, yet I don't see many such complaint posts...although I don't see nearly the volume of posts as I see about the ASUS also.

And well...it's my money. I'll jump ship if I like. I think a month is long enough to know if the ship is sinking or not. For some this board is great. For me...it's okay, but not enough so for me to keep with it.

Otherwise for me personally, it has neither OCed well nor been completly stable, even with dumping my NCQ drives and going to the newest beta BIOS. If me putting up with that for about a month is means I'm jumping ship too early, so be it. My decision for me personally if it's too early or not...my money paid for my motherboard. :p

Oh well, maybe you directed this to the guy who started this thread...in which case, yeah he had his for only a week, and I even agree that his choice of language and how he complained will invite flames, but well...it's his choice if he waits a week or a month or even just a day.

Arvig said:
If that's directed at me, if it was just BIOS problems, then I would still be patient. As I said, I've had this board for a month, and at least some of the problems don't seem to be BIOS related at all on my end.

To be frank, many of the complaint posts popped up regarding this board pretty soon as it was out. The Chaintech NForce 4 Ultra board and a couple Gigabytes have been out about as long, yet I don't see many such complaint posts...although I don't see nearly the volume of posts as I see about the ASUS also.

And well...it's my money. I'll jump ship if I like. I think a month is long enough to know if the ship is sinking or not. For some this board is great. For me...it's okay, but not enough so for me to keep with it.

Otherwise for me personally, it has neither OCed well nor been completly stable, even with dumping my NCQ drives and going to the newest beta BIOS. If me putting up with that for about a month is means I'm jumping ship too early, so be it. My decision for me personally if it's too early or not...my money paid for my motherboard. :p

Oh well, maybe you directed this to the guy who started this thread...in which case, yeah he had his for only a week, and I even agree that his choice of language and how he complained will invite flames, but well...it's his choice if he waits a week or a month or even just a day.

It wasn't directed at anyone actually, just a general statement. And I completely agree, it makes no difference to me what motherboard people buy. It's your money.

Dr. X said:
It wasn't directed at anyone actually, just a general statement. And I completely agree, it makes no difference to me what motherboard people buy. It's your money.

Well, seems odd for it to be a general statement, unless your statement is that if anyone dumps this board they are jumping ship too soon and being impatient...but maybe I'm reading it the wrong way, or just feel that I've been almost too patient personally.

Mine worked right out of the box and has been working fine ever since. Looking at people's posted problems is probably not a good indication of a board or chipset's general quality. I haven't posted previously because I did not have a problem.

Btw, you seem to flame both the NF4 chipset and ASUS. Which is it that sucks so much?

Someone mentioned the Gigabyte board....
On the topic of poor motherboard design, I recently saw the Gigabyte SLI board and I noticed four issues that I did not like in comparison to my A8N.

1. One of the larger capacitors (3300uF) on the voltage regulator card hits one of the other 3300 uF caps on the board preventing you from completely plugging it in without bending the solder joints.

2. The pcie slot layout precludes you from getting much airflow to one of your 6800 ultras. The supposed advantage is that you can use a 1x and SLI, but the A8N would allow that as well. The only difference is that the nVidia bridge chip would be above the 1x slot (it is very high and a 1x card would probably not extend into the SLI bridge's space).

3. 2 PCI slots on the Gigabyte instead of 3 on the Asus (or -1 on each of those if you are doing 6800 ultra SLI).

4. I don't think you can use a XP-120 on the Gigabyte board because of the voltage regulator module. I haven't tried to fit it in there, but it appears to be very much in the way.

agkoch said:
Mine worked right out of the box and has been working fine ever since. Looking at people's posted problems is probably not a good indication of a board or chipset's general quality. I haven't posted previously because I did not have a problem.

Btw, you seem to flame both the NF4 chipset and ASUS. Which is it that sucks so much?

Someone mentioned the Gigabyte board....
On the topic of poor motherboard design, I recently saw the Gigabyte SLI board and I noticed four issues that I did not like in comparison to my A8N.

1. One of the larger capacitors (3300uF) on the voltage regulator card hits one of the other 3300 uF caps on the board preventing you from completely plugging it in without bending the solder joints.

2. The pcie slot layout precludes you from getting much airflow to one of your 6800 ultras. The supposed advantage is that you can use a 1x and SLI, but the A8N would allow that as well. The only difference is that the nVidia bridge chip would be above the 1x slot (it is very high and a 1x card would probably not extend into the SLI bridge's space).

3. 2 PCI slots on the Gigabyte instead of 3 on the Asus (or -1 on each of those if you are doing 6800 ultra SLI).

4. I don't think you can use a XP-120 on the Gigabyte board because of the voltage regulator module. I haven't tried to fit it in there, but it appears to be very much in the way.

This is just me commenting on your four points. Please consider I've only seen photos of the Gigabyte board, read some reviews and then seem some posts on other forums and some here. I'll use your numbering system to address your points:

1) I assume you mean the DPS card above the CPU. I agree that it's poor design...but the one Gigabyte board I had it was actually best to not use the DPS card, it actually caused instability...the board would refuse to shut down, and just reboot. This was a Socket 754 board, Gigabyte K8NNXP. So thus, I never used it. But to play devil's advocate with myself, even if this board's DPS card does what it should, make the board more stable, it is a shame that the card apparently doesn't fit quite right.

2) The wider space on the ASUS is only a bonus if one never uses a PCI-E card IMO. Put a PCI-E card in on the ASUS, one HAS to be between the two video cards, at best one has a x1 PCI-E card in the same spot where the secondary Video Card would be on the Gigabyte, thus restricting airflow to where the Gigabyte is at already anyway.

3) No counterpoint, other then I don't have any actual PCI slots used up on my motherboard. Unless someone is going with a SCSI RAID card, other then a soundcard what do most people even use for PCI card slots now? If using onboard sound, then it's even less needed. One has up to 8 SATA ports on both boards for almost any possible SATA drive RAID array one can come up with. If you really need more then 8 SATA drives, there's the IDE ports.

4) Again, if one doesn't use the DPS card slot, a XP-120 may fit. Don't know since I never tried it. As an aside though, not being able to fit quite oversized heatsink doesn't seem like a huge minus in general.

To be fair, I didn't like the card on the one Gigabyte board I had, and the dual BIOS was more unusual then useful IMO. Plus the memory does sit very close, saw one review where they tried Corsair XMS XL Pro memory, the stuff with the LED heat spreaders and it didn't even seat right, they HAD to use memory with more normal sized heat spreaders to do their benchmarks. But on the other side, to be fair, I have seen much less complaints about quality on the Gigabyte as far as actual stability. Yes, the volume of posts on that board have been less overall, but only some of that can be attributed IMO to the ASUS being the first out, and thus the first board to get the attention. The Gigabyte, albeit not as steady of stock, has been out nearly as long as the ASUS. And as I said before, the Chaintech NForce 4 Ultra has been out for a while now too. As much as I personally dislike Chaintech, looks like they did something right it seems on that board.

Really just more debating at this point to do it, I wouldn't get the Gigabyte either to be honest.

this thread is making me think about the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum or Diamond SLI, instead of the ASUS A8N SLI now :confused: any info on how those boards perform?

ill be ordering in march so i guess i go time to decide and see if bugs are worked out :p

just for some balance here. my A8N has been rock solid with a 3200 @10x250 memory at 2,2,2, 1T with any BIOS except 1002 (currently using the 1004) and except for NCQ drives I know a few people who have them that also love them. Remember you will always have more negative posts on a board as people tend to complain more than praise. One thing I have noticed is the board loves/needs a quality power supply

gobnu1 said:
just for some balance here. my A8N has been rock solid with a 3200 @10x250 memory at 2,2,2, 1T with any BIOS except 1002 (currently using the 1004) and except for NCQ drives I know a few people who have them that also love them. Remember you will always have more negative posts on a board as people tend to complain more than praise. One thing I have noticed is the board loves/needs a quality power supply

Cool on your OC, and true to a point that the negative will be more vocal...but one can also look at a ratio of how many negative to positive one gets in general and judge. For instance, let's say motherboard X has 20 posts about it, along with Motherboard Y. With X, there's 10 complaint posts. With Y there's 15. Yes, both X and Y may have had 50 people each who love the board on the same forum and thus saw no need to post, but one can still see that Y is the less stable board, since there's still more complaints for the same number of posts.

Bad_Boy said:
this thread is making me think about the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum or Diamond SLI, instead of the ASUS A8N SLI now :confused: any info on how those boards perform?

ill be ordering in march so i guess i go time to decide and see if bugs are worked out :p

Check with me about the MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum SLI in a few days, assuming Newegg didn't sell out right after I placed my order this weekend.

As an aside, the Diamond is the same as the Platinum SLI. Only change physically that I know of is that the Diamond has a fan for the MOSFET heatsink, the Platinum doesn't. Otherwise, the Diamond has the information to join the Diamond club forum on MSI, I assume the K8N Neo4 Platinum doesn't. And I think some of the Diamonds had a Wi-Fi card with the package. Basically USA (or maybe all of North America, not sure on this) got K8N Neo 4 Platinum SLI's, rest of the planet got K8N Diamond SLI's (and a stripped down version of the Diamond, the K8N Platinum SLI...it's like our K8N Neo 4 Platinum SLI but without the two Silicon Image SATA ports, maybe other minor changes too)

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe works perfect for me, I don't overclock my processor, so I have not had the chance to see any issues in that department.

I remember the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe and its issues, mainly the sound buzzy problem... they all were fixed and it is the best board I have ever seen for Socket A

xenon expert said:
I RMA mine. Asus will have to pay me to get another one. Gygabyte is the only one that seems to have pt out a decent nf4 board. DFI looks promising and so doea MSI. First time I will not use an Asus board.....I hated my A8N-SLI.
Gigabyte k8nxp sli is a stable board with all the features exept kitchen sink ;) The only problem if you plan to overclock then it wont scale higher than htt 290 with 1:1 memory. With divider at 166 I can bench stable at htt 306.5....

From what I have read the Asus A8n-SLI has some serious problems. Go to any hardware site mother board forums and you will see the same threads. My fan died, how do I replace my fan, No NCQ, NCQ data corruption, Bios problems, dead board, bios corruption after removing power. Then there is the SLI not supporting all games and slow driver release on Nvidias side.

If the A8N-SLI was rock solid with a decent chipset cooler (passive or active) I would buy this board in a second even though I'm not entirely sold yet on how great SLI is.

After considering Asus support, Bios problems, Nvidia driver support, and faulty chipset fan I will not be buying this motherboard. I will instead wait for the DFI-SLI reviews and then reconsider getting a more mature SLI board. DFI has a much better mag-lev chipset cooler and decent support. If the DFI-SLI board has a stable bios I will buy it and then wait for Nvidia to catch up with better SLI support. Nvidia is behind the curve with driver support for SLI, but if the board is stable with one card I will buy it just to have PCI-E with AMD64 and have the option for SLI in the future when its more mature.

Asus dropped the ball, my opinion is that the A8N-SLI is a $200+ Flagship beta board. No thanks.

My opinion is my A8N rocks now. Originally I screwed up and had some issues. Basicallly I had read all the threads here and jumped to conclusions. Other parts were bad not the A8N. Now that I figured that out, thing runs great.

I have to say that i had a ton of problems at first as well, but i slowly fixed them and now im at a point were im ROCK solid in terms of stability( it was ALWAYS stable), the problems i had wasnt stability, it was overclocking.....my board has never been anything but stable, untill i overclock it......but, the new bios fixed that as well as im at 245 fsb w/ 1:1 memory ratio at 1T. Id like to go alot higher like i know my hardware can, so before i go bashing this motherboard i will wait to see if this gets addressed. Otherwise it has performed perfect out the box, even with 1002 bios. Its a great board just at the moment....not the best overclocker( but far from the worse overclocker too). If i had to place my bet on what is/will be the best Nforce 4 board, i would have to say this board(im serious) AND the abit fatil1ty nforce 4 board. DFI, has always been a 2nd rate motherboard company, and i wouldnt buy anything from them at all. Id go Gigabyte before DFI and i wouldnt get a Gigabyte at all.....lol.....i hope all those people thinking that the DFI board is gonna be the saving grace doesnt get there hopes up, the MSI board out now is and will be better as well. In fact, add the MSI Neo4 to my list of best nforce boards.

I have been very pleased with my board. I picked up a Antec NeoPower PSU that is 24-pin and I am using good Corsair XMS TCCD memory and I had no problem overclocking my CPU to 9x250 with just a little bump in voltage. Withouth OC 1002 was stable, I only OCed after 1003.5, and 1003 final OCed is rock stable.

I did have to reinstall Windows XP 3 times because my SATA drive was currupted because the SATA was not locked in 1002.

The heatsink fan dying problems does not bother much because I would like to change it over to pasive anyway.

The NCQ problems bothers me, but since I am running a WD Raptor it is not an issue atm.

My A8N-SLI has been solid ever since I worked out the BIOS settings. It's a great board.

Ive had the board for about a month. There are the problems with the bios that everyone has mentioned and there are problems that are not bios releated like the chipset fan. Some of the problems have been cured with the bios releases and some haven't. While I have my FX55 running at 3150 I had to go to 14x 225 to do it. There are definately some oc problems. It's not the ram or cpu that can't run 250x12, it's the board. Maybe some future bios will fix it and maybe not. It took Asus quite some time to get the A7n8X Deluxe worked out. I definately think they released this board too soon. I have the MSI coming this week but it's not because the Asus doesn't work. It's because the Asus doesn't work well.

my A8N-SLI Deluxe had issues until i flashed using asusupdate to 1004.01 beta bios

3500+ 90nm @2722mhz
A8N-SLI Deluxe 1004.01 bios
2x XFX 6800GT PCI-E @400/1175 = 22,244

3dmark2003_400-1175_22244_tn.jpg

:cool:

FWIW, mine was great until yesterday. Now it seems to be having some kind of trouble with the memory. Sometimes it just won't post. Working on troubleshooting now, so it could be that the board is not the problem, but Corsair seems to think it is.

Has anybody noticed that the memory slots seem to allow quite a bit of side to side movement in the memory sticks? It seems that way to me.

Shogan191 said:
Ive had the board for about a month. There are the problems with the bios that everyone has mentioned and there are problems that are not bios releated like the chipset fan. Some of the problems have been cured with the bios releases and some haven't. While I have my FX55 running at 3150 I had to go to 14x 225 to do it. There are definately some oc problems. It's not the ram or cpu that can't run 250x12, it's the board. Maybe some future bios will fix it and maybe not. It took Asus quite some time to get the A7n8X Deluxe worked out. I definately think they released this board too soon. I have the MSI coming this week but it's not because the Asus doesn't work. It's because the Asus doesn't work well.

I think you are right. I expect a $265.00 motherboard to work better than well, but am I out of line to expect it to run great Nvidia SLI and digital display issues aside?

And what is the real deal with SLI not orking on pure digital displays or HDTVs even in single card mode? I feel sorry for those that found out the hard way that their new SLI system doesn't work on their $2000+ HDTV or that their favorite games such as WOW doesn't even use that extra $500 video card.

Makes me want a Nforce4 Ultra board even more.

I built a comp with an A8N SLI Deluxe and I made sure to tell them, "This is a brand new board based on a brand new chipset, I cannot guaranty that it will be stable because there are not enough reviews out on it yet."

The only problem I know it has had so far is the chipset fan. This is annoying because I hate to sell someone a comp that makes as much noise as that thing does. I am going to have to do something before it dies so I dont have to tear the comp apart and RMA the board.

I bought the Gigabyte K8NXP SLI board and haven't had any problems with it. I'm using a no-name power supply, and only Kingston value RAM and the board seems pretty stable. I didn't have any problems with the DPS module fitting in properly, I have no idea if it improves the stability at all but in general getting the board up and running stable with 2 GF6600GTs seemed relatively problem free.

Defective said:
I built a comp with an A8N SLI Deluxe and I made sure to tell them, "This is a brand new board based on a brand new chipset, I cannot guaranty that it will be stable because there are not enough reviews out on it yet."

The only problem I know it has had so far is the chipset fan. This is annoying because I hate to sell someone a comp that makes as much noise as that thing does. I am going to have to do something before it dies so I dont have to tear the comp apart and RMA the board.

Here is a alternative for the fan that is quiet, easy to install, and cost $11.98.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=862113

Asus really dropped the ball with the selection of that horrible chipset fan.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=244&p=696

Issues
During testing several issues or minor annoyances were encountered. For one after about a week the active heatsink on the nForce4 chipset began to make an irritating grinding noise. Most likely due to the fact that the fan is close to failing and the fan blades are hitting the interior of the heatsink. DC fans are not always the most reliable and long life product on the market, but I have an issue with anything starting to fail within the first week of use.

I've been using the A8N for the past two weeks without a problem. I've left it on for several days and no stability problems at all. The only problem I've had with this board is that the chipset fan is loud as hell. I fixed that by connecting it to a Zalman Fan Mate 2 that I didn't use from my CNPS7000B. I' already have the NB47J from Zalman but I'm not going to replace the chipset fan until it dies. I don't OC at all so maybe that's why I'm not having any problems. I'm also using the 1003 Final BIOS.

For those that think the A8N is having problems, the Gigabyte board is also having problems and so far I haven't heard anything about the MSI board. And some people think that the DFI is God's gift....I don't see why. It'll have it problems as well. It may have less problems than the Asus or it may have more. But maybe the reason people are raving about the DFI even though it hasn't been released yet is the OC ability which doesn't apply to me.

For me, buying motherboards are like buying cars. You hear good and bad things about the car but you won't know for sure until you've owned it. Like my car for example, I own a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8. When it first came out, there were hundreds and thousands of threads with complaints about everything from the transmission to a slight rattle in the interior. I was worried about buying after reading all those threads but I took the risk and I couldn't be happier (I could.....but that means I'd have to buy an Evo 9).

Arvig said:
Cool on your OC, and true to a point that the negative will be more vocal...but one can also look at a ratio of how many negative to positive one gets in general and judge. For instance, let's say motherboard X has 20 posts about it, along with Motherboard Y. With X, there's 10 complaint posts. With Y there's 15. Yes, both X and Y may have had 50 people each who love the board on the same forum and thus saw no need to post, but one can still see that Y is the less stable board, since there's still more complaints for the same number of posts.

Not necessarily, if more people bought board x than board y, it could have a higher number of complaints, but still a lower ratio of people who have had problems with it. If 1000 people bought board x, 50 people bought board y, and there were 15 complaints for x and 10 for y, then board x is still a better buy.

I have gone through 2 A8N SLi Deluxe motherboards. I am on my third however once I have got this third board that has worked flawlessly I am quite happy. I am still using BIOS 1002 and have been able even get Win 64 working with total driver support. Everything has been stable. As far as overclocking I will have to get back to you in about 3 days when my new radiator gets in since I am selling my waterchiller on ebay and I gave my friend my old radiator when he set up his comp. Personally I think some of the more major issues besides the obvious BIOS and fan probs that I have not experienced can be linked to bad IC's that ASUS got ahold of. You can read this bit of speculation on my part at the other thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=852237&page=10&pp=20

Anywho just to add my two cents worth. Not to say the board does not have probs. Just sayin that mine does not.

Cry more. That's what you get for using a beta sli board, if you want to warn people about it do it in a civilized manner instead of saying useless bullshit that just makes you look like a retard.

Back