• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus A8N-E won't post

M.Sheezi

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
13
Look below and you'll see my setup. My comp has been running fine since since I bought it but on thursday the memory card reader started acting up so after looking for upgraded firmware/drivers, I opened my box and wanted to make sure the cable was seated properly. I was carefull to turn off the comp, unplug it and switch off the power supply, discharge any static and all that necessary stuff. Once I made sure the plug was seated properly I went to turn everything back on and at first it would only stay on for 1 second and turn off. I unplugged everything again and re-connected everything and now it turns on but won't post. The fans spin and only one the lights flash on my memory (corsair XMS w/ the activity lights) and goes out after about 15seconds. Also my northbridge gets extremely hot when the comp is running in its non-posting state. I have a zalman heatsink of the NB instead of the regular chipset fan and a 120mm scythe fdb blowing directly across the heatsink.

A friend and I tested all my components individually on another board, (xcept the cpu, no other 939 boards lying around). Anyone have a clue what happened?! My friend thinks the card reader may have fucked up my board, it was kind of cheap, quick fix and didn't work perfectly from the start but would that have really killed my board?

Anyone dealt with Asus tech support? People keep telling me they are terrible. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. If I do end up getting another board any suggestions? I hear the DFI Ultra-D is a pretty solid board.
 
I love my Ultra-D and am a DFI fan for life. Ive also heard the same about Asus support. System probably be workin fine if you left it alone after I got done building it :p
 
As far as actual "support" from Asus..I haven't recieved any. However an rma on a AN85X a while back was fairly painless.
 
Back
Top