• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus A8N-E nF4 onboard sound problem

weazzle

n00b
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
8
I have the Asus A8N-E nForce4 motherboard with the realtek audio onboard. Windows XP Pro SP2 installed, and the correct drivers. For some reason the sound shuts off as soon as the realtek utility launches on startup. I made sure to select the "analog and digital" radio in the configuration program. All my volumes are up, speakers plugged in. Has anyone had a similar problem, or does anyone have a possible explanation? I expect that I will just need to buy a new sound card, but I would really like to avoid that seeing as the one onboard was really nice when it worked at first. For some reason it stopped working. I got it working again once by re-installing drivers, then selecting the "analog and digital" option, but that didn't work this time around. The problem returned after a system restore, and is persisting. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
 
this is where i would just easily give in and reformat. sometimes its faster and less aggravating and a fresh windows install often does wonders. as far as what's wrong, not knowing why you had to do a system restore leaves no clues, but it sounds like something got hosed and still is.

uninstall the realtek drivers, reboot, then install realtek. if that doesn't work, something in windows is hosed.
 
Back
Top