ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe problem

Jaden

Weaksauce
Plain and simple : when I turn on the machine it beeps a shitload. beep, beep, beep. looking around on asus's site, i can't find much, downloading the manual as I type. Anyone have this problem (no video at boot either).

reseat the video card... if that doesnt work try the ram, then pci slots or anything else.

Yes, I just put a different mobo in (A7V8X-X) and it gives me odd problems as well. I forgot, however, to plug in the power chord to the video card when I tried the A7N8X-D, so I'll put it back in and try again :)

hook some speakers up to the onboard sound and see what bitching betty has to say.. might give you more insight as to what's wrong

Originally posted by Barnaby
hook some speakers up to the onboard sound and see what bitching betty has to say.. might give you more insight as to what's wrong
Ah, she turns me on

Originally posted by jrbryner
Ah, she turns me on

god, you seriously need a woman

anywho, how many beeps exactly? and length?

your 'beep beep beep' statement isnt much help without the exact number/length of the beeps

Clear the CMOS again just to make sure. Page 35 in the manual explains the beep codes.

well I'm a dumbass, turns out I forgot to plug in the power chord to the radeon 9800 :|

I figured it'd post what it usually does if the power chord isn't connected... something like :
"Hey dumbass... plug in the power chord."

Originally posted by Jaden
I figured it'd post what it usually does if the power chord isn't connected... something like :
"Hey dumbass... plug in the power chord."

we all do stupid shit... no worries..

Back