Asus A-45a - 450

snufkin

n00b
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
3
I have bought the ASUS A-45A - 450 and I wanted to know if its a good PS.
Here are the details....

Features:
* Real dual rails +12V output
* Active power Factor Correction
* Auto Thermal & Acoustic noise Control
* high efficiency up to 73%
* 2 serial ATA device power connectors provided
* Support PCI Express Connector

General Specification:
* ATX12V V2.01 Compliant
* Dimension: 140(L) X 150(W) X 86(H) mm
* Output Connectors: Perpheral(7), Floppy Drive(2), Serial ATA(2), +12V Power(1), PCI Express(1)
* Protection desighn: Over Voltage Protection/ Over Power Protection/ Short Circuit Protection/ No Load Operation


Input Range:
Input Voltage Range - 100~240Vac
Input Frequency Range - 47~63Hz

Output Voltage:
Max Load: +3.3V=30A, +5V=28A, +12V1=14A, +12V2=15A, -12V=0.5A, +5VSB=2A
Max Output: +3.3V + +5V=145W, +12V1=168W, +12V2=180W, -12V=6W, +5VSB=10W

I have no Idea what the things I wrote stand for so I will be happy If someone could help me....
 
You're asking for comments after you bought the power supply? I don't know if I see the logic in that.

From what I know, it is an ACBel Polytech unit inside... not too shabby.
 
I got it as a present and i wanted to know if its any good....
if not I can change it....
can anyone tell me if this PSU is a stable one? a PSU I can trust?
is there somewhere on the net a review for it?
 
here is my spec:

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ BOX 939PIN
GIGABTE GA-K8NXP-9 939
LG Electronics GSA-4163B Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
LG 52X32X52 BULK
CORSAIR DDR 512MB 400 MHZ VALUE *2
GIGABYTE 6600 256MB DDR 128 BIT TV/DVI PCI-EXPRESS
MAXTOR 250GB 7200RPM SATA 16MB
WD 80GB 7200RPM 2MB

will the PSU hold this system?
I don't know if its important but, my Mother Boiard cane with D.P.S.( I have no idea what it is for) and a Wireless Network Adapter (GN-WPKG)
 
The PSU should power that system without problems. DPS is Gigabyte's fancy voltage regulation module... you must have that plugged in.
 
Back
Top