• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus 9600xt VIVO

cool fury

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
4
I would like to know if it is possible to watch tv with the asus VIVO adapter.
If it is, do we need something (vcr, tuner) to connect the tv to the adapter?

thanks in advance :)
 
Originally posted by cool fury
I would like to know if it is possible to watch tv with the asus VIVO adapter.
If it is, do we need something (vcr, tuner) to connect the tv to the adapter?

thanks in advance :)

Yes, you'll need an RF modulator (ie. a cable box or a VCR) to watch TV, change channels, etc.
 
I have done that. I connected the tvcable to the vcr, then I connected the vcr to the VIVO adapter, but all I could get with the asus digital vcr (which is the program that came with the card) is a black screen.
Am I doing something wrong? :(
 
i have the same troubles as you:(

BTW, what is yours clocked at?
mine is in my sig


oh, and dont wanna hijack this but, can i hook up my gamecube directly to the VIVO and play gamecube on my computer monitor, if so, how?
 
I still have the default clocks because I am too busy with school these days...but I think I can get far with this card, considering some tests I already made.

For now I just want to know how I can use it to watch tv... i searched all over the net and I couldn't find any information at all...

help
 
yes... it says it's a video capture device... and in the program Digital VCR there are some options to switch channels and show them all in a grid... that's why i think it's possible...
 
Okay, VIVO stands for 'video in, video out'. This means that you can plug a video signal into the card and view it, and also plug your computer into a TV or something similar to view whats on your computer on a tv screen.

Obviously your card isn't a TV tuner itself, so you would need some kind of device, like a VCR with an AV output to plug into your video card. You then should be able to view what is on that device via your software for the vivo card. So if its a VCR with an aerial plugged in and the tv tuned onto it then it should show on the monitor screen. You would still obviously need to change the channels and all that on your actual VCR.

The program you have called "digital VCR" will have nothing to do with switching channels at all. I'd say what you could do on it though, is capture programs.
 
Back
Top