Asus 7970 DC2 Faulty?

Phoenixdancer

Weaksauce
hey all

new 7970 DC2 arrived, and i have a problem!

When useing DVI-D i have green pixels randomly showing up on the screen when anything remotely GPU intesive is ran, This DOES not happen on a 20" DVI Single Link monitor i have.

I even tried the DVI-D cable in the 20" Monitor and thats fine, The Port seems to work fine on any monitor i have thats not the 30" Hazro.

The Monitor works perfectly fine on my previous buzzing 7970 and both of my 6950's SO it must be an issue with the 7970 and running 2560x1600...

Anyone else seen this issue?

All i can say is contact the maker of your card for tech support or amd good luck

I have, Its a pain because this is the Second 7970 in 12 days from OverclockersUK that has been faulty

I just installed ASUS 7970 DCII TOP as replacement for ASUS HD5850. I'm using 27" 2560x1440 DVI-D Display. The problem is that the Dual Link port gives randomly flickering green pixels all around the screen. I've googled about this and seems I'm not alone with this problem. I'm starting to think this is a defect on the card itself as ppl have RMA'd cards because of this just to get new one with similar problems. Card works just fine with my 2nd display HP ZR24w with display port connection so its just the dual link DVI which is broken. Any knows fix for this or should I just return the card and get something else? For those who were left wondering the switch is at DVI-D position :)

I only had that issue with my DCU2 Top with a defective DVI cable.
Once I switched the cable, the artifacting went away, so I would try another cable.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that these cards have a switch to switch on the dvi-d port. It comes standard off since it is set to run 6 monitors-to do so would require you to be in dvi-single link on both dvi ports. Switching to dvi-dual link prevents you from running the 6 monitors. Not sure where it is but check the manual.

Mine will be in friday, Ill look then if you havent foudn it by then

GL

You can see the 2.5 slot design, this helps with airflow if using a pair of cards in CrossfireX mode. On the left are two CrossfireX connectors for up to four cards, although this is impossible in a standard system without custom cooling. A little to the right of the CF connectors is a small dip switch. This isn't a BIOS toggle but a switch to change between dual and single link DVI.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1020682

So to run higher then 1920x1080 on the dvi-d port you need to switch it to dvi-d.

Last edited:
I solved the green pixel problem with new DL-DVI cable. Seems 7970 DCII is more picky about the cable quality than most cards.

Well as an update... I sent it off for RMA today as i was fed up with using DP to DVI-D adapters.

Took me a while :p

Back