• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus 780a psu advice.

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
Trying to helpl a buddy pickout a power supply but read some issues about the corsairs and ASUS boards and some 780 issues. He has an E8400 and GTX280 in his setup. We were looking at the 750TX Corsair unit but was not sure if this issue I have read about is with all Corsair power supplies or just certain ones. Thanks for any advice. Not trying to break the bank on this one.
 
I have not heard of any issues like this. Can you provide any links? And the 780a chipset is AMD-only. Do you mean the 780i chipset?
 
Yup, getting my numbers mixed up. Talk is all over newegg with Corsiar's reply about the issue.
 
For what it's worth, I had an asus 780i board (The P5N-T Deluxe) with a 650TX and had 0 issues with the power supply itself, the board itself was a different story...
 
I recently got this PSU..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256058

Its by Silverstone but the OEM is enhance - one of the better ones. It's line is rated by JohnnyGuru as one of the best. (Which is one of the most respected and toughest reviewers on the net). The nice thing about this PSU is that its fully modular.

Much like Corsair one should keep in mind that not all PSU for a vendor Silverstone or Corsair are made by the same OEM. For a while Corsair used Seasonic but they switched (though their new vendor is very respectable too)..

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=183

The only weird downside of this PSU is no powerswitch. But I just hooked it up to a seperate power strip when building so I could leave it plugged in and still turn it on and off.. Still I prefer the full modular to the corsair because you end up with one less cable with most builds.
 
Back
Top