Asus 780 DirectCuII high temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

litwicki23

Limp Gawd
Hey. I want ask about temperatures. My card is reaching 66C in 3dmark 13 and 68C in Crysis 3. Is this ok or not?
Is this too hot? I was thinking that i must get 50C.

3dmark13780.jpg

Not you again. No. Never. None of the 7 previous cards you've made this exact same thread about is too hot.

Let's review.

This guy has posted similar threads with 11 concurrent video cards, He has RMA'ed apparently several GTX 680s, then 10 GTX 770 GPUs back to back to back to back because he thought his temps of 80C were too high. And then he posted various threads across this forum and AT, asking the same question about 11 GPUs. And he was told his GPUs were okay. But did he listen ? No. He RMA'ed what....11 video cards because of temps he thought were too high. I'm thinking troll at this point. Maybe he should RMA yet another card, that would be pretty hilarious. What number is that? 10? 11? (for anyone wondering, google search for this guy and/or look at his post history. Pretty funny)

Last edited:
Lol my 780oc hit 80 all the time even 83c with the profile I've set but I'm heavily overclock, +72core and +440 on memory (no overvolt), in normal conditions they are made to work at 80c so anything lower is just cake

Looks fine. I am getting up to 70c/70% fan speed with stock bios, 1.2V core and ~1225 clock (can't remember exactly)

Let's review.

This guy has posted similar threads with 11 concurrent video cards, He has RMA'ed apparently several GTX 680s, then 10 GTX 770 GPUs back to back to back to back because he thought his temps of 80C were too high. And then he posted various threads across this forum and AT, asking the same question about 11 GPUs. And he was told his GPUs were okay. But did he listen ? No. He RMA'ed what....11 video cards because of temps he thought were too high. I'm thinking troll at this point. Maybe he should RMA yet another card, that would be pretty hilarious. What number is that? 10? 11? (for anyone wondering, google search for this guy and/or look at his post history. Pretty funny)

Lol, op seemed familiar. I remember his 770 twin frozr thread (relating to max boost clock). At this point, I'm confident he is trolling.

Anywho.. to answer op's question, your temps are perfectly fine. PERFECTLY fine.

Also OP... How about using non-warez version of 3DMark?

GTX 780 is designed to reach 80c, and maintain a constant temperature of 80c. A constant non-fluctuating temperature is better for component longevity than constant thermal cycling.

Your graphics card is running too cold, you should RMA it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back