• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus 6150 At The EGG...!!!!!!

I ordered one already and its been shipped out already, should arrive on Tuesday the 8th or on the 9th since my school slows down the packages a bit.

P.S. Purchased off xpcgear.com

Will report back as soon as i get my processor (opteron 146) :confused:
 
I still dont understand why an ethusiast mobo maker insists on continuing
to use that dried dog vomit pcb color when for fractions of cents they could
make it snazzy blue or something like other boards they push out the factory :confused:

Seriously, imagine if all new cars came out in that crap Chevy Cavalier TEAL...
No i have not had my coffee yet this morning... :eek:
 
Mase said:
I still dont understand why an ethusiast mobo maker insists on continuing
to use that dried dog vomit pcb color when for fractions of cents they could
make it snazzy blue or something like other boards they push out the factory :confused:

Seriously, imagine if all new cars came out in that crap Chevy Cavalier TEAL...
No i have not had my coffee yet this morning... :eek:

Amen brother.
 
Mase said:
I still dont understand why an ethusiast mobo maker insists on continuing
to use that dried dog vomit pcb color when for fractions of cents they could
make it snazzy blue or something like other boards they push out the factory :confused:
Agreed. It's the color of "cheap."

Dumb place for a PCI-E x1 slot. If they are going to include useless x1 slots, put them next to the PCI-E x16 slot for those of us with dual slot cooled video cards.

Then again, the people who buy this board will probably be using onboard so I guess it does not matter...
 
i just canceled my order. Im going to wait till Biostar, MSI, and Gigabyte release their versions
 
yeah I just ordered the Gigabyte 6100/430 board earlier this week. I already have it installed and up and running, so I will be waiting until DFI releases a really nice board.
 
PC-HAngover said:
yeah I just ordered the Gigabyte 6100/430 board earlier this week. I already have it installed and up and running, so I will be waiting until DFI releases a really nice board.

december
 
Skin said:
My guess is they will bundle a copy of Duke Nukem: Forever with it.

:p

meh.. i just emailed the editor of INQ ( i know :D) and he told he that DFI is on schedule with their Geforce 6150 board but i am not sure if thats mATX . Most likely is since C51 is targeted at mATX market. hopefully it will be an overclockers board. :)
 
Mase said:
I still dont understand why an ethusiast mobo maker insists on continuing
to use that dried dog vomit pcb color when for fractions of cents they could
make it snazzy blue or something like other boards they push out the factory :confused:

Because Asus has not been an "enthusiast mobo maker" for a VERY long time.

I worry that this is another "OEM only" board, like the Asus A8NE-FM, that has literally not a single overclocking choice (can't even change the FSB on that one), and no BIOS support for updates.

We'll see how it shakes down, but Asus has been putting out crap products for so long, I'm not holding my breath.
 
dderidex said:
Because Asus has not been an "enthusiast mobo maker" for a VERY long time.

I worry that this is another "OEM only" board, like the Asus A8NE-FM, that has literally not a single overclocking choice (can't even change the FSB on that one), and no BIOS support for updates.

We'll see how it shakes down, but Asus has been putting out crap products for so long, I'm not holding my breath.
Ya, gonna hold out for the other releases too. Asus doesn't have the greatest track record for matx overclocking + matx bios support.

We'll find out how well it stacks up soon i guess,

Oh yea here's a related asus 6150 thread in the hot deals forum: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=974297
 
dderidex said:
I worry that this is another "OEM only" board, like the Asus A8NE-FM, that has literally not a single overclocking choice (can't even change the FSB on that one), and no BIOS support for updates.

I have some hope for this board for one reason..... its listed on the website as the AMD Flagship MicroATX Motherboard (even though there are so few MicroATX's anyways).

The A8NE-FM was never even listed on the asus website at all, showing their commitment to it... heck, even my local shop that was selling it discouraged people from picking it up.
 
Hmmm...suddenly VERY interested in this board.

Only Socket 939 mATX solution on the market that has DVI output for the integrated video.

*TASTY*

Shame there is no onboard ram for the 6150 chip, though. That'd help performance a bunch.
 
well, the dvi part is also cuz its the only board out yet thats using the 6150.
 
Soymilk said:
well, the dvi part is also cuz its the only board out yet thats using the 6150.
True dat.

Still, there it is. Only Socket 939 you can buy *today* with DVI. We can always play the "but if you wait just a little longer..." game with every piece of PC hardware for all time until you never end up actually buying a thing.

There aren't really many striking disadvantages I'm seeing with this board, though.

Has gigabit ethernet. Has SATA-II. Has that DVI output and the 6150 GPU. Onboard firewire. Heck, even has "high definition audio" (for what that's worth...not much, IMHO, but, it's still there). etc.

It does seem to have a suitably bewildering array of BIOS options for tweaking, too. The current FSB cap at 240mhz doesn't really worry me much - my CPU has an 11x multiplier, so that's a much higher FSB than I could even run at (11 * 240 = 2.64ghz - LOL - ain't gonna happen!).

Only real SOLID strikes against it are:
- Truly hideous PCB color choice
- No onboard memory for the 6150 (which would really open up performance). Sadly, this appears to be omitted from the 6150 'spec', so I doubt we'll see it on any mobo. IE., not much of a strike against it vs the competition.
 
Hmm...maybe scratch that.

Digging through the manual on the BIOS...doesn't look like there is ANY voltage adjustment settings in the BIOS.

This might be a useless board, after all.
 
Soymilk said:
well, the dvi part is also cuz its the only board out yet thats using the 6150.

The RS480\482 can do DVI out as well as the Intel 915G, both the RS480 shuttle and new pentium m shuttle have DVI out.
 
dderidex said:
True dat.

Still, there it is. Only Socket 939 you can buy *today* with DVI. We can always play the "but if you wait just a little longer..." game with every piece of PC hardware for all time until you never end up actually buying a thing.

but how often is it that an entire new chipset comes out?
 
Back
Top