Asus 590 SLI Motherboard @ Tigerdirect

In the description on the TigerDirect website....

Chipset
The P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe motherboard is based on the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI x16 Northbridge chipset . It supports Intel Core 2 Duo. Core 2 Extreme, Pentium Extreme Edition, Pentium D, Pentium 4 and Celeron D Processors, with Hyper-Threading Technology and 533/800/1066MHz Front Side Bus support.

590 sadly isn't out yet. although they have a placeholder for it on their page.
The 570 has more info on the Asus site which includes a picture and I've seen the 570 as an option for a system builder already.
So, hopefully we'll see the 5xx boards soon although, they are not going to be OCers.

Phosphoros said:
...although, they are not going to be OCers.

Oh, so you have already used one and came to this conclusion on your own? Or are you just making up crap since no one really knows the o/c abilities of the new 500 series with Core 2??

tikicult said:
Oh, so you have already used one and came to this conclusion on your own? Or are you just making up crap since no one really knows the o/c abilities of the new 500 series with Core 2??

No smart-ass I can read.
From Anandtech
"We anxiously await the production release of the nForce 500 Intel Edition chipsets in a few weeks that will mainly bring benefits to the MCP such as additional SATA ports, improved networking features, HD Audio, and some general refinement. Users need to realize that the nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition will still use the C19 SPP that is on this board. Although the chipset is now at a revision C1 and has undergone several months of fine tuning, do not expect the performance or overclocking results to be improved greatly with the nForce 590 SLI boards. In our internal testing we have noticed some minor but measurable improvements, but nothing revolutionary."

So let me clarify my statement. They probably won't be stellar OCers.
There is a chance nVidia will have done a lot with the newer versions and it will OC well, but judging from previous efforts it won't be a stellar OCer.
And just to be clear before the !!!!!! names start flowing over my statement in the previous post. I'm not some ATi/Intel/whatever !!!!!!. I don't ahte nVidia infact I really like there products. It's just that the Intel versions of their chipsets haven't been wild OCers.
If you have evidence to the contrary, I'll be happy to say "I'm wrong" and leave it at that.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for posting that link. I had not seen that article before. I too tire of the rampant !!!!!ism that some people have around here. So when I see someone bash a product that isn't out yet, I immediately attribute it to !!!!!. My appologies!

*puts away Jump to Conclusions mat... :D

tikicult said:
Thanks for posting that link. I had not seen that article before. I too tire of the rampant !!!!!ism that some people have around here. So when I see someone bash a product that isn't out yet, I immediately attribute it to !!!!!. My appologies!

*puts away Jump to Conclusions mat... :D

Apologies right back at ya for the Smart ass comment.
I try my best not to f@nboi to hard on the products I like but rather read as much as I can and make a best guess.

Honestly, I hope the 590 intel's DO OC well because quite frankly, I've been using nForce chipsets for a long time now and I know what to expect from nVidia. It's not looking good though and that kind of sucks.
Maybe they'll suprise us. We can hope!

Stu55 said:
What is/going to be a good oc'ing board for core 2's?

Well, people are claiming that the new ATi chipset will be all that and a bag of chips. Again though, no one has tested or used the new ATi chipset as far as I know so who knows?
The 975 and 965 seem the best bet at the moment. Both asus and gigabyte have decent offereings. I think as the BIOS's get fleshed out more and more we'll see some good stuff.
Abit, believe it or not has the Aw9d-Max and Aw9d coming out and supposedly it's gonna be uber-OCer. Abit's website had the announcement and some abit tech had a comment about the uGuru OCer.
Mark, a bright new star in the abit engineering department, says: "I really like abit's µ Guru overclocking features on this board and playing with the engineering samples I've managed to OC to 470 FSB using a 6800XE Core™ 2 Duo. The BIOS has plenty of options for adjusting FSB, tweaking voltages and controlling stability. It's truly an amazing overclocking motherboard ... I love it!"

Take that for what it's worth.

Hope that's a little help.

So as intel confirm that 975X will what Kentfield will be supporting. There is no point spending $200 on any nVIDIA's chip.

Check the thread below this.

i thought this has been beaten to death already that the asus p2n32-sli se is not nf5 based but nf4 based.

might need to change your thread as not to mislead people

:)

Phosphoros said:
Well, people are claiming that the new ATi chipset will be all that and a bag of chips. Again though, no one has tested or used the new ATi chipset as far as I know so who knows?
The 975 and 965 seem the best bet at the moment. Both asus and gigabyte have decent offereings. I think as the BIOS's get fleshed out more and more we'll see some good stuff.
Abit, believe it or not has the Aw9d-Max and Aw9d coming out and supposedly it's gonna be uber-OCer. Abit's website had the announcement and some abit tech had a comment about the uGuru OCer.

Take that for what it's worth.

Hope that's a little help.

Yeah, I was looking into abit's aw9d-max, but ati is making chipset's for intel cpu's? Isn't that a little strange?

Stu55 said:
Yeah, I was looking into abit's aw9d-max, but ati is making chipset's for intel cpu's? Isn't that a little strange?
I wouldn't buy that, especially since Intel just gave ATI the middle finger and nVidia is likely to do the same to AMD.

InorganicMatter said:
I wouldn't buy that, especially since Intel just gave ATI the middle finger and nVidia is likely to do the same to AMD.

Unless ATi pulled the plug recently and didn't tell anyone (which is entirely likely)... Link

all nVidia/ATI-AMD theories aside...

I would not buy anything from tigerdirect...EVER.

i am confident that I am not the only person here who will not buy from them.

I haven't had to bad a luck with Tigerdirect. Only bought from them twice though and never had to return anything to them.

Their reseller ratings sucks though.

I bought from them twice and never had a problem, and I know others that buy from them often and don't have a problem.

I wanna see some benches of the nVidia 500 sereies for Intel.

on the tigerdirect note;
tried doing business with them twice, and the 1st time was terrible delays, and a huge pain to find out what was going on with my order, the second occasion, it was a horrible experience!
the second time i got a inexpensive scanner so i could digitize some pictures from negatives/slides. when it arrived the negative/slide accessory had a broken bulb in it, the scanner did work ...this was how it arrived out of the box- broken accessory. i called to get an replacement-RMA. i had to pay to ship the entire scanner back. over a week later i had to call again to inquire as to when my replacement was going to arrive. tigerdirect had not shipped anything despite assuring me that they had stock, nor had they emailed or called to say anything. when i called there was not so much as "we're sorry" for the delay.

they did ship one, and when it arrived...

I received a scanner shell. there was NOTHING inside the housing. and get this, they wanted me to pay to ship it back again!!!

i gave them a chance to show me my first expereince was a fluke. they royally screwed the pooch the second time. If others have had good to great expereinces, i am glad to hear it. I will never spend my money with them again, there are too many great vendors around, locally and on the net.

Phosphoros said:
No smart-ass I can read.

Quote:
From Anandtech
"We anxiously await the production release of the nForce 500 Intel Edition chipsets in a few weeks that will mainly bring benefits to the MCP such as additional SATA ports, improved networking features, HD Audio, and some general refinement. Users need to realize that the nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition will still use the C19 SPP that is on this board. Although the chipset is now at a revision C1 and has undergone several months of fine tuning, do not expect the performance or overclocking results to be improved greatly with the nForce 590 SLI boards. In our internal testing we have noticed some minor but measurable improvements, but nothing revolutionary."

Well actually that incorrect also according to this acticle at Anandtech dated 22 Aug 06

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2820

The NVIDIA nForce 590SLI caters to the high end gamer and enthusiast while the nForce 570SLI is targeting the value performance sector for users interested in SLI capability. The 590SLI utilizes the C51XE SPP with the 570SLI utilizing the C19A SPP. The 590SLI uses the new MCP55 from the AM2 nForce 500 product lines and the 570SLI is utilizing the current MCP51. The major difference in the two products is the availability of dual X16 PCI Express lanes on the 590SLI compared to dual X8 PCI Express lanes on the 570SLI for SLI operation. The other differences reside primarily in the MCP with the 590SLI offering DualNet networking technology, two additional USB ports, and two additional SATA 3Gb/s ports at the expense of an IDE port. :D

Yeah I just read that the yesterday. It's good to know and I'm glad both chipsets aren't using the same chip.
Let's hope it's a good OCer. I know I'm hoping it is. :D

I have 4 C2D mobos and I'm not really happy with any of them. I'm really hoping for a great 590 board.

give TD a break, i've purchased 20+ times from them over the last 3 or so years, and there was a 4 month span when their system was undergoing total revamp and customer service was REDICULOUS..

but it's all good now, plus.. 5% fatcash makes the prices comparible.

ati has announced that it has cancelled the follow on chipset, the rd/rs700 for intel. some manufacturers have already bailed, or are "reassessing" on the intel rd/rs600 boards. dont be waiting for one of these. i dont know how the legend that "they will be awesome overclockers" started anyway.

vanilla_guerilla said:
ati has announced that it has cancelled the follow on chipset, the rd/rs700 for intel. some manufacturers have already bailed, or are "reassessing" on the intel rd/rs600 boards. dont be waiting for one of these. i dont know how the legend that "they will be awesome overclockers" started anyway.
Can't say I blame them, I'd drop ATI like a hot cake if this happened...

Any news when the 590 for Intel is suppose to be released? I dont want an Intel nForce4SLI, as alot of people dont have good experiences with the Intel edition. Plus I would like the option of a Core Duo 2 Processor next year sometime. Main reason I want the 590 instead of the 975 or 965 is because I have a 7900GT and it would make sense to get an SLI setup. Plus, once I get a new monitor in October(probably a widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050), that SLI setup is going to benefit me alot. I just hope I can achieve a 275FSB on the 590 like I can on the 955x chipset. Higher would be nice also :D

Come on Nvidia, we are all waiting and please dont let what happened with the Nforce 4 Intel Edition, happen with the 590's.

Going off topic, reason for all of this, I want to get the most of UT2007 when that is released, high graphics settings hopefully playing at a resolution like that.

We are waiting like a kid waiting for Christmas.

It is suppose to be anytime now, but when you start looking for them they impossible to find.

One of two things i want, is either an nforce5 590 intel board, or nvidia drivers for sli on some other brand (rumored to be in internal testing)

Ive currently got an sli array , and i dont want to ditch that until DX10

plan to stay with sli for a long time to come yet , even after dx10

Excaliber is taking preorders claiming around Sept4-11

they are on drugs though ($299) :mad:

jacuzz1 said:
Excaliber is taking preorders claiming around Sept4-11

they are on drugs though ($299) :mad:
:D man i have ordered mine and they emailed me saying hopefully you will have it for the 7th

I dunno.. with the poor OCing numbers coming in from the 590/570 chipsets.. I am thinking about going cross-fire maybe... I don't want to have to dump this E6600 and buy a 6800 with a better multi for a grand just to get a decent OC.. I hope with new bioses the fsb issues might get better.. so far it seems like 350 is about as high as they will go.. has anyone seen higher numbers from any of the 590 test runs?

revenant said:
I dunno.. with the poor OCing numbers coming in from the 590/570 chipsets.. I am thinking about going cross-fire maybe... I don't want to have to dump this E6600 and buy a 6800 with a better multi for a grand just to get a decent OC.. I hope with new bioses the fsb issues might get better.. so far it seems like 350 is about as high as they will go.. has anyone seen higher numbers from any of the 590 test runs?
Man you are right there but tell you the truth over clocking is only half of what something can offer.

I have seen that after over clocking a certain amount there is very little gain.

The features of the board are brill and will take out the bottlenecks of the CPU and your GPU will be able to show its potential.

I want this board because i have a 7950 and I want long support for it. Overclocking is a bonus but things like Dual net outways the loss and the support for quad.

Would like to try the physics and quad and this boarrd makes it possible.

nooh said:
Man you are right there but tell you the truth over clocking is only half of what something can offer.

I have seen that after over clocking a certain amount there is very little gain.

The features of the board are brill and will take out the bottlenecks of the CPU and your GPU will be able to show its potential.

I want this board because i have a 7950 and I want long support for it. Overclocking is a bonus but things like Dual net outways the loss and the support for quad.

Would like to try the physics and quad and this boarrd makes it possible.
i

I agree here, that is why I want this board. I will be doing a modest OC say to roughly 3ghz or so , so no big deal. I want full Quad support thats the ticket.

Same here I bought about 4 or 5 items..motherboard,memory..etc
Never had a problem..

Back