Asus 4k Gsync demo

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
:( that's unfortunate, you'd think a display that expensive would be ideal for upgrading. They could charge as much as 500 bucks and I'd totally go for it.

E: I suppose they'd rather sell us all new $3000 monitors. I admit I'd totally be up for a 2nd one if it had gsync! It's the ideal resolution to have gsync since you aren't going to be able to maintain 60+ fps consistently in all games for a few years yet no matter your video card setup.

Last edited:
I saw a 1440p Gsync monitor from asus for $699.99 but i dont remember the link im sorry.

it know i read it on pcper thats about it

oh wow - that's what I like to hear. The g-sync and 4k in one sentence...

This is a modded PQ321Q display. Asus has no plans to release the mod.:(

If the 1440p G-Sync monitor cost $699 to $799, and the regular 32" 4K monitor is over $3000. I can see why at this time they won't release a G-Sync enabled 4K monitor.

*Wait. If this is the moded Asus PQ321Q isn't this an IGZO panel? The 1440p Asus G-Sync upcoming monitor is a TN panel, so this demo must be a TN panel?

Last edited:
:( that's unfortunate, you'd think a display that expensive would be ideal for upgrading. They could charge as much as 500 bucks and I'd totally go for it.

E: I suppose they'd rather sell us all new $3000 monitors. I admit I'd totally be up for a 2nd one if it had gsync! It's the ideal resolution to have gsync since you aren't going to be able to maintain 60+ fps consistently in all games for a few years yet no matter your video card setup.

They would have to charge 400+ for sure.

As far as i understand it uses 2 g-sync modules.

TN has nothing to do with gsync. The reason the Asus 1440p is TN is because it's 120hz and probably will support some kind of strobing backlight as well.

Gsync is actually most effective at lower framerates on lower refresh rate monitors because that's where you see more tearing and more obvious stuttering. Nvidia to date has pretty much always been demoing gsync at 60hz because it makes the effect more obvious.

They would have to charge 400+ for sure.

As far as i understand it uses 2 g-sync modules.

That's interesting. I think anyone who bought the monitor at $3000 would be happy to pay that much(or even a few hundred dollars more) to add gsync capability. It's a very good feature for a 60hz monitor running at a resolution that most likely won't allow consistent 60fps in many games for the foreseeable future.

Back