ASUS 4670 cooler needed

Corporal79

Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
889
I checked out frozencpu.com for a quiet cooler for my two 4670's I put into a build for a friend. I can't seem to find one that says it's built for the 4670, I'm guessing because it's still too new?

Anyone know of a quiet vga cooler for these cards?
 
I think the ones that are kind of "universal" will fit the card. I'm thinking about the Thermalright HR-03. I saw some reviews and it's pretty impressive with a fan on it. I would put maybe a Nexus or Scythe fan on it.

I'm wondering though, for those who have tried this before, where do you connect a PWM fan so it senses the speed needed for the card?
 
why would you buy a 4670 with the reference cooler in the first place? more than half the 4670 cards out there have better cooling solutions right from the factory. I have an ASUS 4670 and idles at 38 and doesnt go over 60 during gaming all while being basically silent. also it defeats the purpose of a $79 card if you are going to spend another $25-$30 on a cooler.
 
why would you buy a 4670 with the reference cooler in the first place? more than half the 4670 cards out there have better cooling solutions right from the factory. I have an ASUS 4670 and idles at 38 and doesnt go over 60 during gaming all while being basically silent. also it defeats the purpose of a $79 card if you are going to spend another $25-$30 on a cooler.

Well, the temperatures on my HIS HD 4670 has yours beat hands down, 34'C idle and 50'C load.

I don't think a $30 cooler defeats the purpose of buying a cheap card. Consider the difference in buying a $150 card and adding $50 to the cost with the cooler, ramsinks and thermal paste and so on and so forth.

I prefer quietness though.
 
Well, the temperatures on my HIS HD 4670 has yours beat hands down, 34'C idle and 50'C load.

I don't think a $30 cooler defeats the purpose of buying a cheap card. Consider the difference in buying a $150 card and adding $50 to the cost with the cooler, ramsinks and thermal paste and so on and so forth.

I prefer quietness though.
my room is hot and at night it sits at 35 on idle and 55 load but does a couple degrees really matter? other than that I think its stupid to spend an extra 30 bucks to cool a $80 card when you can just buy a cool running $80 card in the first place. Powercolor, HIS, ASUS and MSI all have decent non reference coolers straight from the factory.
 
than that I think its stupid to spend an extra 30 bucks to cool a $80 card when you can just buy a cool running $80 card in the first place. Powercolor, HIS, ASUS and MSI all have decent non reference coolers straight from the factory.

These are the Asus 4670's, running two of them in crossfire and the fans are loud. Even running a single is pretty loud.

Bobbarker said:
I think the ones that are kind of "universal" will fit the card. I'm thinking about the Thermalright HR-03.

cool I'll look into that one, thanks.
 
These are the Asus 4670's, running two of them in crossfire and the fans are loud. Even running a single is pretty loud.



cool I'll look into that one, thanks.
holy cow. you think the ASUS 4670 card is loud? Im picky as hell about noise and this thing barely makes a hum. :confused:
 
holy cow. you think the ASUS 4670 card is loud? Im picky as hell about noise and this thing barely makes a hum. :confused:

I sure do, I've got a Corsair HX520 power supply, stock q6600 cooler, and two vantec EZ Swap bays and these cards running single card or crossfire are easily the loudest components in this build. I've shut off the EZ Swaps because I thought it was them at first.

2547_l.jpg


looking at it I would have thought the cooler would have been quiet. Just the fan speed I guess
 
take the fan off and zip tie a silent 120mm on there, done!
 
Adjusting the brightness quiets the Acer h233h hum. My unit is quietest at 25% brightness, and 100% brightness. Cheers
 
Is it true that the fan is on all the time? And that it goes full speed? I jumped on the Asus 4670 without fully checking it out and now all I read about are fan problems. :(

I feel like I should return it to Newegg but I don't want to get shafted on restocking fee and have to delay my build...
 
Back
Top