• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Assignment Server

Jester14

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
157
Did anyone else wake up to a list of failed attempts to get WU's from 130.237.232.141?
 
No, I have uploaded and downloaded from that server today.

It has been having a lot of issues recently though, I would not hold out much hope of it being error free for the forseeable future
 
I was all excited about getting my first bigadv on my 2600k... Every 15 or so failed attempts it polled another server and picked up a regular SMP, crunched it, and tried again. Got a measly 5k points in 8 hours. Hopefully it's still crunching away when I get home from work.
 
Aw wtf... This assignment server is still borked. Looks like it's overloaded with connections. Is there a way to force a request from another server?
 
Aw wtf... This assignment server is still borked. Looks like it's overloaded with connections. Is there a way to force a request from another server?

Not for bigadv, to maintain work it should reassign you to a SMP server, but it doesn't always work
 
I switched to
Code:
./fah6 -smp -verbosity 9
and left it for a half hour. It only ever requested from this server and never received a work unit. I gave up and fired up the folding beta 7 client in win 7 so I'd at least get some work. :(
 
i finally got something when i was at work, lost the 6900 HFM.NET told me i had ..... got a 7138..
 
Oh nice! Good to hear. Looks like the number of connections to that server has dropped by more than a thousand. I'll let this WU finish in windows and then fire up the VM again. With any luck I'll at least pull a WU - even if it's an A3 core...
 
i finally got something when i was at work, lost the 6900 HFM.NET told me i had ..... got a 7138..
When HFM shows purple status, the client is in the process of uploading the WU that just finished (in your case, a 6900) and the client is in the process of trying to get new work. You likely didn't lose the 6900.

From the HFM WIKI:

'SendingWorkPacket' Status (Purple)
'GettingWorkPacket' Status (Purple Status Color)
 
Back
Top