Assetto Corsa Official Release Thread.

When you say "simcade", do you mean it feels like the NFS SHIFT series or some such?

The best explanation of Sim-Cade, and where Assetto Corsa stands is in this screenshot I took of the afore-mentioned video.
kVvnvsI.png

I'm looking for something like Forza/GT split-screen local play for PC. Does AC have that?

Assetto Corsa does not have split screen local play.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'll like Assetto Corsa then. I prefer "simracing", however I like GT and Forza, but not because of their racing mechanics, rather because of the car collection mechanic and better balanced career mode. Since Assetto Corsa isn't going to have a huge car and track list, hmmm, I think I'll hold off on it.

Ah that's a shame then. I guess I'm a small market segment =(

I don't think there's much of a chance of seeing split screen on PC unless people start getting the desire to plug 2 controllers in to their PCs.

Very nice game I just bough it. I wonder how great this pc game is for TB. A guy that like options and this game is well done. Finally a clear way to choose the resolution and the game start like in 1 second. This make much more sense than all other games for pc.

Unfortunately the feeling of the driving is not as good as Forza, Gotham and Grid 2.

I hope they will make it better by the time to game is fully release.

Unfortunately the feeling of the driving is not as good as Forza, Gotham and Grid 2.

I hope they will make it better by the time to game is fully release.

I'm not sure you understand the differences between those 3 games and the purpose of this one. Forza is a Sim-Cade game (meaning it is an arcadey game that leans towards sim handling), Project Gotham is a straight up arcade racer, Grid 2 is a Sim-Cade game with heavy leanings towards Arcade. Assetto Corsa is a Simulator with features (such as scalable assists) to appease the simcade crowd.

It handles way better than any of the other games you listed. If anything it could use a little more realism. But definitely not more arcade.

I'm not sure you understand the differences between those 3 games and the purpose of this one. Forza is a Sim-Cade game (meaning it is an arcadey game that leans towards sim handling), Project Gotham is a straight up arcade racer, Grid 2 is a Sim-Cade game with heavy leanings towards Arcade. Assetto Corsa is a Simulator with features (such as scalable assists) to appease the simcade crowd.

It handles way better than any of the other games you listed. If anything it could use a little more realism. But definitely not more arcade.

I never did a race in real to know if what you say make sense.
If I undestand well, You claim that he should feel like more Asseto, I mean a real race should feel more like Asseto.

I'm really looking forward to the MP412-C. WIll not get to drive until at least tomorrow though.

Also, Silverstone GP is one of my favorite tracks ever. It will be my resident track in AC now. I'm really looking forward to taking the:
- Taatus FA01
- BMW M3 GT2
- Lotus 49
- Ferrari 458
- Pagani Zonda R
- P4/5 Competizione
- McLaren MP4-12C

around Maggots, Becketts, Chapel and Stowe!

Mugello will likely be the other track I frequent and then a smattering of the others. There's still so much good content to come too. Woohoo!

I've had a few laps, and I'm loving Silverstone.

Formula Abarth
BMW M3 GT2

Not liking the MP4-12C though. I'm finding I prefer the race specific cars, and not liking the street cars. I just prefer the speed behind the race cars.

Are the developers actively involved with the community? Do they actively announce new things, etc.? FYI, I cannot access the Steam community to read the discussion page, etc..

I'm about to take the plunge on this game, but don't want to feel jipped by taking the plunge on an early access game with developers that really don't care once they have your money.

This game is on sale on steam. Im on the fence about getting it.

When the game is real time or showing fast movement the game looks very lacking. When slowed down the game turns beautiful. Im not sure if its the videos or if thats how the game is?

Can you modify cars in this game?

I hope so! I downloaded it yesterday but haven't played it yet. Probably do that tonight. I hope the game is nice as it looks in the trailers. I'm happy they have the E92 M3 on there. It seems like they have big plans for this game as far as updates and improvements. On their site you can vote for what track you want added to the game. Hoping for the nurburg so I voted on it.

Can you modify cars in this game?

You can modify setups, but after a MASSIVE twenty minutes playtime I can't find any real modifications (like you'd see in Forza/GT) or career mode. I think career mode is planned, not sure about modding cars.

Yeah after about 20min I think I like it so far too. I cant manage to get my shifter to work with my csr wheel though which sucks.

This game is amazing, i bought it before the Steam discounts, worth every penny. I think anyone looking for a serious sim experience should pick this up.

Here are some in game shots:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-assetto-corsa-photo-thread.290292/

for best graphical settings use the following settings:

In-game settings:

1- Turn off HDR and Motion Blur (both options are causing that blurry aspect);
2- Set Anisostropic Filtering to 2x (it's VERY resource intensive on this game, don't know why);
3- Set Shadows to High and AA to 4x;
4- Turn off Vertical Sync (use NVIDIA Inspector's one instead);
5- Turn off "Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon";
6- Set Cubemap Resolution to Low (very resource intensive) and Faces per Frame to 6 (for real-time car reflections);

NVIDIA Inspector:

1- Create a profile for Assetto Corsa (add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe);
2- Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (say goodbye to jaggies and ugly shadows);
3- Set Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive or On (optional).

So far i put in 15 hours into this game. I think the graphics are amazing. This game makes Forza / GT look like simcades. The only games that can stand up to this are either Iracing or Rfactor 2, until Project Cars comes along i guess.

Specially the amount of customization is a real treat in this game. Eyefinity / surround users will be happy with the Hud customization, other than that the game has full Mod support. I think in a world of console ports, this is a true PC game and a must buy for any PC Sim fan.

I can't seem to get the turn-in right on these cars. Even the 458 understeers so badly that I plow off track in corners. I was thinking it should turn on a dime! I've adjusted the caster, camber, etc. and it has only marginally helped.

I can't seem to get the turn-in right on these cars. Even the 458 understeers so badly that I plow off track in corners. I was thinking it should turn on a dime! I've adjusted the caster, camber, etc. and it has only marginally helped.

gamepad? wheel? keyboard?

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. It looks like I partially solved it by increasing the steering response in the options menu to 100%. But on the latest build I've been mostly playing the 400m and 1000m drag strip events where steering is not needed! :D

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. It looks like I partially solved it by increasing the steering response in the options menu to 100%. But on the latest build I've been mostly playing the 400m and 1000m drag strip events where steering is not needed! :D

Love the drag racing portion. I was pissed when Forza removed it. I hope it will be a lot more to this game before it final.

If anybody needs somebody to race with you can find me at kanecvl on steam. :D... Ok I need some friends to race with I have 1 friend that plays 1 game AA3. I play several other titles too.

I saw that the Nordschleife will be released for this game later in 2014. It'll be a must buy for me then :)

I'm waiting for more development before I buy, but its definitely on my radar for the future. If it had been much cheaper this sale I would have bought it now, but I've already got rFactor 2 and CARS...

Is it me or some of these cars don't have manual tranny

IIRC some of them don't if the real version doesn't come with one. Like the Ferrari 458 only comes in 7 speed dual clutch w/paddles. It'd be nice to still use my gear box though, since it is a game. I know Project Cars is like this where each car can be used with the paddles or shifter and you can switch seamlessly while driving (just start using the other one).

IIRC some of them don't if the real version doesn't come with one. Like the Ferrari 458 only comes in 7 speed dual clutch w/paddles. It'd be nice to still use my gear box though, since it is a game. I know Project Cars is like this where each car can be used with the paddles or shifter and you can switch seamlessly while driving (just start using the other one).

Yeah I was thinking that but the drift version of the M3 has a manual and the others don't

I am so disappointed w/ this game & RF2.
Handling & visuals are good, tracks & cars are just - meh...
I want cars & tracks that I know & love + some oddball / user made stuff.
What do you guys think? To me this game is boooooooooring.........

I love AC it got me back into racing games. Got a g27 and a playseat I got off craigslist, makes it even more awesome. Just don't have many people to race.

I've had the G27 & playseat for a few years & love it!

I had user tracks for the early release / tech demo, but they were NFG w/ new versions on STEAM.
Are you using the STEAM version?

Back