Assembling an Ethernet video & audio network

carlmart

Gawd
This a question that was discussed some time ago, but I think now come with different options.

The network should run Linux, with a specific PC, where boards will be added for the network.

The HDDs will be five 8TB WD WD80EFAX HDDs.

It was recommended to me to run it in RAID6

I will buy a PCI SATA board to plug all the HDDs to.

Recommendations on the better network programs to this are very welcome.

The PC is an Asus H61 with Intel CPU, which may also need another LAN interface, better than the internal now.

It really depends on what you are doing. I would use an sas card as that will allow you to use sas drives as well. These cards are also more robust when it comes to raid, if that's the direction you need to go.

Link to the thread, it may help with questions. There is no context and its not clear what you want.

Sounds like you need to go buy a network switch....?

Link to the thread, it may help with questions. There is no context and its not clear what you want.

Sounds like you need to go buy a network switch....?
How much clear can I get?
I want to assemble a LAN driven network server.
I already have the assemble, the HDDs, was recommended to use RAID 6 and I need to buy some PCI boards to complete it.
What network switch are you talking about?
One program I was suggested was NAS.

How much clear can I get?
I want to assemble a LAN driven network server.
I already have the assemble, the HDDs, was recommended to use RAID 6 and I need to buy some PCI boards to complete it.
What network switch are you talking about?
One program I was suggested was NAS.

The context of NAS here is not a program. NAS = Network Attached Storage. Please do more research.

What do you like about Raid6? Why Rad6? Raid != backup

buy some PCI boards to complete it

What?

Sounds like you either need an external hdd or you want to build a SAN or NAS server. You did not give a use case, so it may not be the best suggestions. You can do something as simple as build a Linux PC, but beef up some of the hardware.

Need more SATA ports? Add a SAS9211-8I 8PORT + https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4EOEY + Flash to IT mode. 👍

Your terminology and English is making it very hard to understand what your talking about. You use terms not in the right places. Maybe this will help??

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back