Assassin's Creed Review~9.5~

I normally prefer PC over console. But i'm defidently getting this for PS3. I still think 3rd person adventure games are better on a joystick.

Awesome! I was starting to get worried about some of the control things I had been reading. I've had this game paid off for a while and I can't wait to pick it up next week :).

I'm glad it's getting good reviews, most of what I had read complaints on seems to ahve been corrected apparently. It's nice to see a dev take criticism and make a good game into a AAA title.

Still waiting on this one til' after the price drop,

No more $60 one-shot games for this guy, sadly.

Still waiting on this one til' after the price drop,

No more $60 one-shot games for this guy, sadly.

What the hell, rent, my man! For how many different games I like to play, it's amazing how much money GameFly saves me.

Can't wait for this game. Looks awesome.

Jesus H. Christ....the game companies are practically shitting 9.0+/10 rated games lately. I'm going broke here.

Guess I'll have to get this one too...it's looking pretty great. And COD4, and Mario Galaxy, and Orange Box, and (probably) Mass Effect...:eek:

Jesus H. Christ....the game companies are practically shitting 9.0+/10 rated games lately. I'm going broke here.

Guess I'll have to get this one too...it's looking pretty great. And COD4, and Mario Galaxy, and Orange Box, and (probably) Mass Effect...:eek:

Heh no kidding. too many games I'm looking forward too I keep wishing they would get more bad ratings to save my wallet :D

So far the only one I don't have to rush to buy has been Hellgate London. Seems like I might even avoid that all together.

It also got a 37/40 from Famitsu. Looks like this is shaping up to be the AAA title everyone was hoping it would be. Still, this is going to have to wait, or go on a Christmas list, as November is Mass Effect month for me.

what the hell they just gave away the bloody story! :O well done for whoever wrote that shit. bloody spoiled the game man

For some reason, this stills feel like a rent now, buy later when its used title...I don't see it being longer than 20-or-so hours. Still a definitely must-play, but not on my must-buy list (Mass Effect first!)

what the hell they just gave away the bloody story! the say its set :O well done for whoever wrote that shit. bloody spoiled the game man
Yeah and thanks to you for spoiling it for the rest of us. Not all of us read those reviews. Thanks a lot :mad:

I'm still not sure if and when I'll get this game. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. Either way I'll be getting the 360 version.

Looks great. Too bad games these days have little replay value. I rent and very rarely buy these days. I'm waiting for the day when you can rent games over xbox live and play them like you can with movies.

That's all well and good, except for the fact the guy who reviewed the game didn't post any spoilers in this thread... you did. I think most people who don't want to have the story ruined for them, in anyway, avoid reviews. Odds are they're probably not going to click the link... but you posted the spoiler. Therefore you get the blame.

dont blame me, blame the people who reviewed the damm game. they bloody spoiled it for the whole of us man

Are you honestly that moronic, that you can't see the irony of bitching about a spoiler by posting SAID SPOILER, or are you just trying to spoil it for other people?

Edit your damn posts jonney and Itchy. :mad:

Yet another game I'll have to add to my Christmas "must buy" list.
I'm now up to:

Crysis, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy, Assasin's Creed, Unreal Tournament 3, and Uncharted...along with Ratchet and Clank as a potential purchase, too.

dont blame me, blame the people who reviewed the damm game. they bloody spoiled it for the whole of us man

Actually, I take back my previous rude statement.

Instead, "ignore list" should have been done a long time ago, but I forgot we have that ability.

I am glad I am an idiot, because even after reading your spoiler I don't get what the spoiler is. :) I actually thought you were joking as I have seen a lot of footage from the game and your statement doesn't make sense in light of those videos.

I definitely won't be reading the review though because I don't want my stupidity to be overcome by a more detailed description of the aforementioned spoiler.

Being a massive fan of the PoP games I can't wait for this game. Shame we have to wait until next year to play it on the PC. I'm happy the console versions are getting excellent reviews. :D

This game looks really interesting and promising. I'm thinking about getting a 360 just for this game (of course other games as well but this would be a reason to buy). Then again, the 360 still has a bad case of the willies, mayhap the PC version will do

Added to my list. It's a good thing I have a reasonable job or I wouldn't be able to afford my gaming habit. Then again, I don't have much time to play all these games!

They didn't spoil jack for me. I didn't read their stupid review. I just read the forum that you REPOSTED THE SPOILERS IN.

Altair IS Kristen Bell!

*BTW if that becomes true...that would be funny*

Are you honestly that moronic, that you can't see the irony of bitching about a spoiler by posting SAID SPOILER, or are you just trying to spoil it for other people?

Edit your damn posts jonney and Itchy. :mad:

i've edited but that review is a right ass ♥♥♥♥. cant believe they gave away practicly the ending . fucking pissed off now BUT i did have a feeling it will be like that because ir emember that the girl from veronica mars who did some voice overs practicly gave a hint about it :mad:

Let's get back on topic... How F*CK*NG STUPID are these guards?!?!

I watched this video, and it reminded me of Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES.
Here is the other AC video - pay particular attention to the idiot guards who can't do anything but jog along. :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_CEgAVe0t8&NR=1

Here is Bo Jackson - a super-human in his video game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAgfY_NHzw

Does anyone see a correlation?

I watched this video, and it reminded me of Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES.
Here is the other AC video - pay particular attention to the idiot guards who can't do anything but jog along. :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_CEgAVe0t8&NR=1

Here is Bo Jackson - a super-human in his video game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAgfY_NHzw

Does anyone see a correlation?
Pretty sure that's intentional. The developers have mentioned several times that they intended the aspect of running through crowds for the escape to feel like playing football.

Pretty sure that's intentional. The developers have mentioned several times that they intended the aspect of running through crowds for the escape to feel like playing football.

Running through crowds is perfectly fine. My comment is regarding how slow-running and feeble the guards are. They're helpless idiots.

Don't take it so seriously. They are members of an ancient society whose descendants still guard us. We've corrupted their original name of Ma'lacop to Mall Cop, but they are still here, ineffectively protecting their employers.

I've been looking forward to this game since I got my 360 when GoW came out.

Can't wait to finally pick up my SE copy Tuesday.:D

Don't take it so seriously. They are members of an ancient society whose descendants still guard us. We've corrupted their original name of Ma'lacop to Mall Cop, but they are still here, ineffectively protecting their employers.

That's deep man.

Wow.... you totally win I love that!!!

My Assassin's Creed mini review (x360 version): Graphics are nothing new. I think the detailed and sandbox nature of it might have something to do with it. If you bear that in mind then they are quite nice. Fight system is just a tad bit cumbersome as is the climbing untill you get used to it The low profile/action etc stance is well done and the weapon select is done using the dpad kinda like Warhawk for the ps3. The mechanics and animations are very nice. Anyway can't complain much so far.

Ninja Gaiden meets Prince of Persia? For those that like those kinds of descriptions.

I've seen the game this week-end at the Arcadia festival in Montreal. It looked pretty nice. Its not going to have ground breaking graphics but from what I've seen, the framerate looked quite constant. I didn't get a chance to play it though. The animations looked quite fluid. I'm looking forward to it.

Ive got my special edition prebought. ill be picking it up on its release date..and then Kane and Lynch to follow :)

Back