Assassin's Creed III PC Delayed - The shock!

Assassin's Creed III PC Delayed

I know. I know. You are all sitting there slack jawed and amazed that this could happen. I mean, Ubisoft NEVER delays the PC releases of their games. I mean, it's not like every single PC version of a game they've released in the past 5 years hasn't been delayed without explanation within months of it's scheduled release.

Though no explanation was provided most people seem to believe this is to implement their new DRM scheme were if you are playing the game and you lose Internet connection your primary hard drive is reformatted (you pirating scum).

None of us ever expected this to happen and I just don't know how to continue. At least we have Far Cry 3 releasing the same time as consoles, right?

P.S. Where is the massive sarcasm emoticon?

The PC version had been due out alongside the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions on 31st October. It will now launch on 23rd November 2012.

Meh, it's only three weeks.

I don't see the point in the delay past the "give the consoles that 'exclusive' berth" or some such nonsense.

October-November is still crazy loaded one way or the other.

Meh, it's only three weeks.

I don't see the point in the delay past the "give the consoles that 'exclusive' berth" or some such nonsense.

October-November is still crazy loaded one way or the other.

October more than November though I think. I remember seeing like 3 games I want to buy in October.. one being AC3 and Dishonored.. I think there was another.

I'm sure its about sales.

Despite Ubisoft's insanity, I hope that AC3 is a blast to play.

It's probably going to be on my GOTY shortlist.

October more than November though I think. I remember seeing like 3 games I want to buy in October.. one being AC3 and Dishonored.. I think there was another.

I'm sure its about sales.

Give the console versions a little berth. Probably.

So who remembers this?

Read the last part of the article.

I'm just not that upset about it. *shrugs*

I think most people including the interviewer there knew they could fly out to Vegas and place a fairly nice sized bet on that NOT happening.

Remember AC2? Consoles got it in November, PC got it the following March/April? That was annoying. Wasn't the end of the world though simply because I had other games to play.

If they push it back a second time we start entering silly and annoying territory. For three weeks, I just can't get riled up. YMMV.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it's just a game. I just find it amusing that Ubi went out of it's way this time around saying PC was coming same day as consoles (even though everyone knew it wasn't) and did the same thing they do every single time.

It's a running joke at this point.

Eh three weeks. I honestly wouldn't mind a six month delay so we get free DLC but then I'd probably just pick up the 360 version by then.

Wasn't one of the PC versions of AC delayed like 6 months after the console launch? 3 weeks isn't bad at all.

Sigh, was REALLY looking forward to this. I had it pre order on pc too.

UBisoft doesn't know jack shit about pirating, this isn't going to HELP them it's actually going to have the reverse effect and will make some people pirate it, who otherwise would have perhaps bought it, because they don't wnat to wait.

This is pretty common from all games now.. doesn't bother me the latest.. As long as its on PC im happy.. Plus all the other AC games are great on PC.

UBisoft doesn't know jack shit about pirating, this isn't going to HELP them it's actually going to have the reverse effect and will make some people pirate it, who otherwise would have perhaps bought it, because they don't wnat to wait.

If a three week delay "causes" people to pirate it then they wouldn't have bought it anyway.

how does it force them to pirate it? It's not out to pirate lol. It forces the hardcore nerds to buy it on Consoles instead.

Why do they even bother ever scheduling it to come out on the same day as the PS3 and 360 versions? Every one of them has been delayed, so just stop Ubisoft.

At least it's only 3 weeks like Revelations was and not 6 months like AC2 and Brotherhood.

how does it force them to pirate it? It's not out to pirate lol. It forces the hardcore nerds to buy it on Consoles instead.

Usually the pirated version comes out early, and those that have both consoe and pc may simply pirate it on console since they feel entitled to it since they are getting it for pc.

PC versions of Ubisoft games usually get delayed to fix them up for the PC gamers so that there aren't any Far Cry 2-level gambreaking bugs (of course this doesn't mean Ubi actually succeeds). Until AC: Revelations, the PC versions got the console DLC bundled with the retail release.

Back