ASRock P67 Pro3 - no video output

el gonso

Limp Gawd
Hi, having issues with a new Sandy Bridge build. I'm on my second board and have swapped out several parts but still have some troubleshooting to do. Hoping for a few pointers in case I'm overlooking something obvious.

Problem: Computer powers up fine, all fans and system are functioning. The monitor is seeing no video output, I get a "no output from DVI" message.

I'm on my second board, had the same exact result with an Asus P8P67 LE.

CPU: i5-2500k (new)
CPU fan: Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (new)
Mobo: ASRock P67 pro3 (new)
HDD: 128 GB Crucial C300 (new)
RAM: A-Data 4x2GB DDR3 (new)
PSU: Seasonic X-650 (new)
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 (new)
Video: EVGA GTS 450 (new)

So far I've tried:

1) Cutting down on memory sticks, moving a couple around
2) Reseating memory
3) Reseating video card
4) Swapping video card out with EVGA GS 7900 Go
5) Replacing the motherboard
6) Reseating video cables (and hooking up DVI-to-VGA also)

I know the monitor is functioning, and I also have a spare I can try later. Likewise I have a Corsair 620HX PSU I will try out. At no point with this new rig have I ever been able to get a signal to the monitor no matter what I do, not even once. I do have a case speaker up but get no beep codes whatsoever. I'm wondering if it could be a bad CPU or non-compatible memory?

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

You won't get much help with ASROCK stuff here unfortunately..

Does that board have a debug LED on it?
Reason im asking is my P67 Extreme 6 died after a week,i have same issue as you.Mine has a code 19 but everything else is the same as your experiencing..

I tried a DVI-to-VGA cable and set the monitor for it, no luck there. I have a few more things to try yet, the only things I don't have spare for are the CPU and memory.

I will swap out monitors and DVI cable ASAP, but I think its unlikely

I have the same motherboard and haven't had any problems (knock on wood). I would have said it was your video card since it occurred on two motherboards but you also stated that you changed out video cards and it still occurred. That leads me to believe there is something wrong with the cables or your CPU is not installed correctly. Other than that I don't know what to say. I have a Radeon 5970 in mine and it has worked perfectly since day one. I did have the same thing occur on an older Asrock board and it turned out that the motherboard was bad. I guess it is possible that you got two bad boards. Unlikely, but possible. The fact that you are not getting a beep when booting up tells me there is something wrong with the board or your CPU. If the board and the CPU were working you would get a beep.

I appreciate the suggestions. Wanted to check back in on this, I've made some progress but not quite there yet.

I'm able to boot up with 1x 2GB in the first slot, and now with another module in the second slot (not dual-channel). The other two sticks I've tried together, and in the various combos in slots 3 and 4. I've tried switching to 1333 instead of stock 1600. I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

The memory is on the compatibility list and I think it's unlikely 2 of 4 sticks are bad. Any help getting all 4 sticks to work, troubleshooting steps I'm overlooking, would be appreciated.

To be clear, I put a stick in either slot 3 or 4 and I get the no video output. I verified that my case speaker works at this point but it does not sound when adding more than 2 sticks memory.

I tested both, swapped cables, cards, etc. The monitor is working fine with out a hitch right now, loaded Win7 and a few programs just fine.

However I can still only get it to boot with 1 stick in the first slot, or two sticks in slots 1 & 2. For whatever reason I can't seem to get it to boot trying to use the other two 2GB sticks/slots 3 & 4 in any combination and I'm not sure why.

Wait a sec we talking memory problem here ? Man too many people with the same problem .They keep thinking i just pop it in and it should work kind of logic
banghead.gif

You setting up your ram manually and if so whats your settings on this topic ? as well whats the full stats on the ram you have their ? make model version number etc :confused:

Don't use auto for ram do it manually .Do you know how to work your bios their ?

Last edited:
Back