Asrock opinions

Hello, does anybody own or has owned a asrock motherboard? Just wondering how their motherboards are, quality/life span. Thank you!!

Well from what I can tell Asus makes them...
I own two and they are very stable... more stable then the random rebooting gigabyte ive got.
they are 775 boards...

From what i can tell..they are ether kickass and work as advertised...or they come in DOA right off the bat... Ive only ordered 3 times and have all 3 succesful... which board were you considering?

i have an asrock x58 board with a 6 core xeon overclocked nicely... board has been in use as a folding node and on 24x7 for a month or two now without issue

I was really impressed by it personally... the OC functions were super retard friendly (which I like lol)

Asus started the brand back a few years ago. They wanted to get into the entry-mid level motherboard business but didnt want them to be labeled Asus so they could keep that name only for their high end stuff. Didnt want Asus to be considered a "jack of all trades - master of none" brand so they came up with ASRock. Well built, lower priced mobo's.

I have one of their 780G micro-ATX boards and its been perfect since I first fired it up. Ive overclocked the crap out of 3 CPU's and 3 GPU's since I first built this rig and its handled countless crashes with no problem. Its currently running a 4850 OC'd to the breaking point and a Phenom, unlocked and getting 1.55 volts at 4 GHz and is as stable as you could ask. Not bad for a $90 board.

So I think very highly of them and have no problem recommending them and will definitely be buying one again.

Had one Asrock board few years ago and it was great. As a matter of fact I'm looking to get one with the next mobo upgrade. They are just hard to beat in terms of features you get and of course great price/reliability.

They make some decent boards, some bad, and some great ones. Generally I usually have nothing to complain about them.

The only drawback is that they only have 1 year warranty. But I'll take ASrock over Biostar and ECS anyday.

I've owned several Asrock boards, they have all been rock solid, without a hint of trouble (can't say the same thing about Asus boards). I'm running a 939 Dual-Sata2 in my backup rig that I purchased in 2006. Their budget boards tend to be bare-boned (features, BIOS, etc.) but, have always done the job I wanted them to do. Every once in a while Asrock comes out with a board that expandability is outstanding (ex: 939 Dual-Sata2 had both an AGP and a 16x PCI-E slot, and had a slot for a daughterboard that upgraded it to an AM2 processor and DDR2 ram).

I'm currently running an AsRock P55 Extreme and I couldn't be happier. It took my X3440 (i7-860) to 4ghz and is a full feature board with x3 pci-e for much less than the competition. I also have gone through many ConRoe1333-d667 (775) boards and not many complaints there either. I think I got 1 bad board out of ten.

I have a Asrock x58 extreme and it is a solid board with good OC options, I am running my i7 920 at 3.2 ghz.

ASRock x58 boards have an awesome layout.. but their overclocking ability leaves something to be desired.

I wish ASUS would come out with some x58 boards that have the layout of thir ASRock boards but have the overclockability of thir ASUS x58 boards.

I bought 3 asrock X58 Extreme boards for $67 each when amazon had it mislabeled. I kept one and sold the other 2 boards for $100 each to my brothers which covered the cost of my board. My two brothers are running I7 930's at 3.8 ghz and I'm running my I7 950 at 3.8 ghz and at 1.20v. The boards been great so I have no complaints.

I bought an ASRock 870 extreme 3 MB from newegg on BF, I'm hoping for the best! My first asus MB died within a year, sent it in and came back exactly the same, broken. My trust in asus products is shaky at best sadly.

I have been running a ASRock Extreme6 for the last two months without issues . I have a very mild OC on a i7-950 of 3.6 ghz and solid as a rock . The one thing I like about this board is the double space on the video cards . It is fairly well laid out the only thing I did not like was where the 4 pin power plugs are . They are to close to the edge of the board and on top of the CPU . If the PS died for some reason you would have to remove the CPU cooler to unplug it , H70 . Or if running a large air cooler the wires would have a extreme bend in them to clear the fan/cooler . Other than that it seems to be a great board .

Back