Asrock FM2A75M-ITX

ButchCassidy

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
310
I've been building PC for about 13 years now and have never ever seen a motherboard catch on fire from a non overclocked setup. It worked great for 11 months and this past Saturday it shut off and would not power back on. I removed everything except the 24 and 4 pin connector on the motherboard. Everything else was disconnected. I was happy to see fan movement but saw a huge glowing light followed by a spark and smoke. Is disconnected it and found this

20131014_193257.jpg


I read that this board had issues but didn't they were catching on fire.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1337304/asrock-fm2a75m-itx-motherboard-fire

I email customer service for an RMA sent a picture to show them its the same ICs everyone was blowing and got this response.

Hello,


Based on the picture you send it looks like a physical damage and the cost to replace it will be $50.
 
It happens. Too bad it will cost $50. It's not like you physically damaged it. Isn't ASrock owned by Asus?
 
It happens. Too bad it will cost $50. It's not like you physically damaged it. Isn't ASrock owned by Asus?

Pretty sure they forked and are their own entity entirely now. Not sure if they are owned by a parent company though.
 
AsRock was spun off from Asus into it's own business.

Pegatron owns AsRock.

AsRock does not make shitty products. He may have either had a bad board or a bad series.
 
Back
Top