ASRock Conroe1333, a stable overclocker?

Whoa! It says "Untied Overclocking : During overclocking, FSB enjoys better margin due to fixed PCIE/ PCI Buses" This could be nice! The 945 chipset maxes out around 410 though.

Well the ConRoe945G-DVI looks like it has no PCI-E lock and it has the same "untied overclocking" mentioned in the manual: http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=56038&page=2
360 should be max. Does it offer any voltage options? Looks like the 945G is the new value board. Beats my P5L-MX by a couple bucks, DVI and RAM slots.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB...ba0f07abc2fa0aa237bdcc189faf19070da43810b168#
 
I don't know.

However, I did find this line in the motherboard's manual. It says something about having to run PCI-e at 115 while FSB is 333.

Does this sound about reasonable?
 
It says that in the manual? Then the PCI-E buses are definitely not locked. That "untied overclocking" is a load of baloney.

I would pick up the ConRoe945G-DVI. It sounds like it's the same board under a different name and undoubtedly lesser price. I'd put money on it overclocking as well as any other board that has been released and it has nice features and the cheapest price among boards that offer any OCing.
 
Curses. >>'
Okay then, I should be able to hit ~ 333 on nearly all Conroe mATX boards, provided I raise my PCI-E frequency, right?
 
Back
Top