• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asrock B550M ITX/ac & GhostBSD?

What GPU is being used? Which version of GhostBSD is being used? Which CPU?
GhostBSD won't have any problems with the B550 chipset, but there are too many other variables at play to give any other direction.
 
AMD Ryzem 5700 a RTX 4060 & GTX 1050ti neither worked...
Install FreeBSD, and from there get yourself up to GUI one command at a time. GhostBSD is known to have various bugs. FreeBSD approach at least will tell you what is failing and why.
 
It seems almost all the Linux community hates XLibre, not sure why, they think they are Nazis is all I know. Don't ask, apparently it offends them, I had a thread closed on the Manjaro forun twice. Solus had no interest un talking. XBSD has no prob. with XLibre. The SystemD age var. code bothers me though.
 
I have no feelings either way about it. If it makes things difficult for your dad, why go that route though?
 
It seems almost all the Linux community hates XLibre, not sure why, they think they are Nazis is all I know. Don't ask, apparently it offends them, I had a thread closed on the Manjaro forun twice. Solus had no interest un talking. XBSD has no prob. with XLibre. The SystemD age var. code bothers me though.
Feelings among the Linux community dictate what distro your dad will be using? ;)
Why you feel you must talk with people on forums about XLibre?

I am using XLibre on Devuan. Works perfectly. I don't care what others have to say about XLibre. I am just glad it works.
BSD is lacking a lot of desktop features compared to any Linux, you will have hard time using it on a daily basis.
 
Back
Top