Aspire X-Dreamer2 problems

aldy402

2[H]4U
anybody how to take off the front acrylic? I have all types of dead bugs and dust stuck in there

u can try hitting it with a hammer :p seriously i dont know, but i know it has been done cuz sumone painted the entire thing in the case gallery section....try popping off the circle things on the 6 leds, just an idea

thanks guys but i still cant figure out how to take of the acrylic panel OFF the FRONT PANEL. its crazy, whatever Ill just leave it for now

Where do you live... and how did you get so many bugs between the acryllic face and frame? LOL I got an aspire x-dreamer II and I don't see anything dead but the damn face LED's the whole right side but one LED is out. Anyone else having this problem.

PS hope you don't consider this a hijack.

I have no clue how the hell a bug could get into that. I have one myself. How the fuck does a bug get in that?

Anyway, to the guy about losing his LEDs. I have lost the entire left side of LEDs on mine. Not really a big deal to me, I'm planning on removing them and maybe a mod for the spots sometime in the future. Just need a good idea for something to replace them.

I might have exaggerated, thers only 1 dead bug in there, mosty dust balls. I have no idea how it got in there.

I disabled my blue LEDs, I think they look better without it anyway.

did you guys do any mods to your xdreamer2?

post pics of your xdreamer2s, I will as soon as i get my camera back from my friend

it does look better without the leds, i did the same....the case would have been a winner if there was no temp display either and just kept it simple

It just snaps off... I have one of these and am leaving the front acrylic off... the air intake is WAY better that way..

What do you mean it just snaps off? Can I take a thin flat head screwdriver and pop it off?

heh, i found a real big dead bug behind my mobo tray when i was cleaning out an old case yesterday...

Skrying said:
What do you mean it just snaps off? Can I take a thin flat head screwdriver and pop it off?

OOOPS! I was thinking about the X-Navigator. lol, sorry about that. DOH!

Lol, I didnt do it, but I was wondering how that would work. :p

On a side not (sorry for thread hijack) does anyone know of a place to buy replacement drive covers like those on the first two top bays?

Skrying said:
Lol, I didnt do it, but I was wondering how that would work. :p

On a side not (sorry for thread hijack) does anyone know of a place to buy replacement drive covers like those on the first two top bays?

I got 1 extra, sell it to you for 7 bucks shipped

im goin f*ckin crazy, this stinken dust behind my acrylic just keeps on staring at me & I cant do SHIT about it.

someobody has to know how to take this crap off

i have this case, and the entire front bezel will come off via soem screws in the inside of the case, the acrylic is held on with plastic pressure clips just like old video card heatsinks,. im sure u can figure it out form here.

aldy402 said:
I got 1 extra, sell it to you for 7 bucks shipped

Thanks for the offer but I really dont have the loss cash laying around right now, but if I do I'll let you know. ;)

drkavnger99 said:
Where do you live... and how did you get so many bugs between the acryllic face and frame? LOL I got an aspire x-dreamer II and I don't see anything dead but the damn face LED's the whole right side but one LED is out. Anyone else having this problem.

PS hope you don't consider this a hijack.
I lost the left top and left bottom leds

2 or 3 small screws on each side of it (inside the case) holds the thing on. unscrew them. after that, u have to pinch these pegs (iono the right term...) on both sides and then it comes right off after that.

i found the small screw on the side. Its still really stubborn after that, I had to carefully twist and turn the leds in the front for like 10 minutes each . Total it took me like 40 minutes to get the thing off.

Thanks for everybodys help

Back