Asperger's Expert Recommends L.A. Noire as Teaching Tool

HardOCP News

[H] News
Make sure you forward this article to everyone that thinks video games are "murder simulators."

I think those with Asperger's syndrome would actually find the game quite fascinating as although the player is expected to make a decision on whether someone may be lying, there is the possibility of reviewing and replaying the scene to confirm whether the response was correct or identify the characteristics should a mistake have been made

A murder simulator as a tool to help psychopaths. What a brilliant idea, if you're a supervillain.

A murder simulator as a tool to help psychopaths. What a brilliant idea, if you're a supervillain.
Where is the mention of psychopaths? Lot's of awesome positive-contributing people have Asperger's.

To me though, just using video of the actors would be better. There are too many slight errors in the the way these video game characters are re-animated. Better yet, footage of people giving real confessions, or going through lie-detector tests.

Holy crap guys your totally missing the point here...I haven't seen the article yet (blocked at work) but have played the game a bit and my GF works with kids with Autism and Asbergers.

I think the point the guy is making is the game is a good tool to help children or adults who are diagnosed with Asbergers to be able reconginze people's emotions, which is one of the major problems that people who have this deal with.

Back