[ask] usb soundcard

zerotiu

n00b
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
15
I've searched in this subforum but I didn't understand what should I do,

this is my situation :
I have a macbookPro and 5.1 Creative Inspire T5900

I used to plug it to my CPU (1 green, 1 orange, 1 black -- it has 6 sound hole , sorry I don't know the right term >.<)

I want to used all that cable.. because in my current Macbookpro, I can only plug the 'green' one (right and left speaker).

So I think it's dare if I not using the middle and the back speaker.

What device should I buy? and is the name correct? USB soundcard?
can you give me advices, what brand should I buy and what type..

Thanks for helping me.. appreciate it a lot :):)
 
OK, I can help a bit here -

Your old CPU had 6 "headphone jacks" for audio - this is known as 5.1 sound. Your Inspire T5900 is a 5.1 set of speakers.

Your macbookPro now has only 1 headphone jack, that is for stereo (aka 2.0 sound).

You want to know if you can buy something that will utilize the rear, center, and subwoofer channel, that are currently unused.

Since its a macbook - you must find something mac-compatible, that will provide 5.1 sound.

I don't think this is possible. Others may chime in.
 
OK, I can help a bit here -

Your old CPU had 6 "headphone jacks" for audio - this is known as 5.1 sound. Your Inspire T5900 is a 5.1 set of speakers.

Your macbookPro now has only 1 headphone jack, that is for stereo (aka 2.0 sound).

You want to know if you can buy something that will utilize the rear, center, and subwoofer channel, that are currently unused.

Since its a macbook - you must find something mac-compatible, that will provide 5.1 sound.

I don't think this is possible. Others may chime in.

Not 6 "headphone jacks". Just three 3.5mm jacks. Each jack has 2 channels of information.
 
okay..I should find the device that 'mac - compatible'

so, what's the device name?
USB soundcard? it's right?

thanks for your info..can others help me?
 
Yes, you're looking for a USB soundcard. I just don't know of any Mac compatible USB soundcard that can output 5.1 in analog form.
 
You can either buy something like the griffin firewave or buy something that will convert toslink to analog
 
@450
I thought the same thing..

@illgiveumorality
can you explain thus firewave to me?

firewave ->firewire cable plug to my MBP -> then all I have to do is plug all the audio jack to the firewave?

If it's correct, I'll buy this soon.. :)
 
Back
Top