Asetek Waterchill 2sx120mm.

T-nm

Limp Gawd
Please check my rig.
I want to cool my chipset, cpu and gpu.
I've searched a lot and came to the conclusion that this kit has everything I want.
Good pump, blocks, style and company.

But I would like to know what kind of temps I could have with stock freq. And does anybody have this kit?

Thanks.

do you mean this kit?

http://www.asetek.com/main/page.asp?sideid=557

i haven't used one, but i agree that it looks good. if you decide to go for it, you should probably not use the chipset waterblock. the chipset waterblock reduces flow rate, which could cause other components to run hotter than they would without the chipset block. a good aftermarket chipset heatsink will cool as well as the waterblock will.

I had used an Asetek kit on my system before the mobo died(bad power supply)

I had used a kit with the CPU & NB cooler with a 1 slot radiator.

Temps were around 35C idle and 42C load(running fan at 7v, not 12v) on an Athlon XP 2600+m @ 2.4ghz 1.65vcore

Personally, I think the NB cooler is a bit useless, as the stock fan did just as good a job, but whatever floats your boat.

EDIT:
Although, personally, after going water and back. A danger den setup may have been better to run with. My reasoning is based almost solely on the choice of tubing you are stuck with, as well as the fittings to the waterblocks.(as well as the fact that DDen has better temps in general, at the same price range)

The tubing the asetek kits use is a rather tough material(so it wont be able to distort and strech itself out of the push-in fittings). So a tougher material has it's good points to it, it is also only 1/16" thick to be bendable. The thickness present a problem of easy kinking, which I ran into when bridging my NB and CPU coolers together. After wasting about 2 feet of tubing trying to get the right length of tubing to NOT kink when connected to the two blocks, I just gave up and ran with the kink in the tube.

Next issue I have is with the push in fittings. While it seems nice to be able to push the tube in and forget about it, the force required to insert and remove the tubing is left unconsidered. The force required in pushing in the tubing properly would probable have been enough to crush the core on my athlon if I had the waterblock mounted to the mobo. And leak testing is of course an ABOSOLUTE MUST, leaks from bad connections are pretty much guaranteded on first test. Also removal of tubing is no easy task either.

Just my 2 cents on the asetek kit. If you dont mess around with it much, it would just be hell getting it installed. Otherwise it would be a good kit.

i have the same kit as DermicSavage(cpu and NB), he's pretty much right on the money. I would go without the NB. I have a p4 3.0ghz @3.7ghz. I havent run stock temps much but I think its about 93F and maybe 108 or 109F with a heavy load on the cpu if i remember. BTW the NB on my mobo was a pain to mount(most p4's are). I had to fabricate my own clips an it overheats when my 90mm case fan is off.

Back