• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

AS5 came in... suck.

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Messages
34,262
It's cute :)

But, I gotta dismantle the system to get that Zalman off of the Athlon64 to put it on... :(

Fark...
 
Hey, join the club. I have to get my Zalman off too since I just got some AS5 to replace the Antec Reference paste I'm using.
 
Originally posted by BillLeeLee
Hey, join the club. I have to get my Zalman off too since I just got some AS5 to replace the Antec Reference paste I'm using.

Yeah... and I think I have to pull the mobo to do that... this is just asking for trouble...

:(

BTW, it's the 7000CNPS, all Cu, and it's on an Athlon64... it's a REAL PITA to get on... I wonder if it'll be like that coming off.

Maybe I should just leave it as it is. 49c load...
 
by thirmal conductivity it is AS5 by the numbers when done right as5 is like 1-2c cooler
 
i got a 3.5 gram syringe of AS5 from my brother but i really don't think it is too much to brag about ;) what, 5 dollars?
 
AS5 pwns all. forever. until they come out with something that transfers heat better than the heatsink itself....
 
I have never really noticed a diff in any of them. I think I use 3 or Ceramique now, not sure...I stopped bothering with "what is the best thermal compound" deal. I bet the best out now would only dif 2-3c over the stuff from the shack. ;)
 
Back
Top