Artifacts in MW5 with 6900XT?

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't have issues in other games that I'm aware of, but I get these linear shimmery things in Mechwarrior 5. I've tried all the settings up and down and can't figure out what might be causing it. I put a screenshot of the most obvious ones but it happens all over the screen.

Anyone else see something like this? Its UE4 which I can't imagine being the problem. I was on 22.5.1 and I have no updated to 22.11.2.

artifukt.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind, this game is totally broken on AMD cards even though they released a driver update to fix it like 2 years ago. Numerous graphics bugs and glitches with settings.

Nevermind, this game is totally broken on AMD cards even though they released a driver update to fix it like 2 years ago. Numerous graphics bugs and glitches with settings.
To be sure I would down clock your memory and see if the artifacts disappear.

To be sure I would down clock your memory and see if the artifacts disappear.

Its definitely the game, its been a problem for a while especially the anisotropy settings apparently. Nvidia isn't spared, some of the RTX specific settings like RT are terribly broken as well. Just an overall bad showing by the developer but the audience is small so nothing will be fixed. Running at minimum settings is about the only way the game looks playable, like post processing turns the game into a sparkly Vaseline filter, its so bad its actually funny.

Back