• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Artifacts in Mother Nature!

mrjungle

n00b
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
28
Hey guys. Why is it when i run 3D Mark 03, i get artifacts in mother nature only, with overclocked Ram on my X800??? I find it strange that overclocking the ram only causes artifacts in 1 of the 4 game tests :confused:

Im still trying to get to the bottom of why my GPU overclocks to well, but my memory is producing artifacts after 470.

Many thanks for you help!
 
because Mother Nature is a very hard test not only on the GPU, but also on the RAM. so if you keep the RAM overlocked you will see artifacts in other games too. probably Doom 3 being the most obvious, and also some artifacts in Far Cry. just tone down the memory 5Mhz and try agin, if no artifacts, raise it 2Mhz and try agin, if artifacts take it down tghat 2Mhz and leave it.
 
I just installed a silencer on my x800 and it completely removed all artifacting in nature with a higher oc..

so i'd say its cooling....
 
Yeah I noticed the artifacting in Mother nature too, I just don't go out as much anymore. :D lol

I would venture to say it's cooling related like Elvis said. Those ATI coolers look like crap so go out and get a better one, the new Silencers are out anyways.
 
theelviscerator said:
I just installed a silencer on my x800 and it completely removed all artifacting in nature with a higher oc..

so i'd say its cooling....

No way!!! was that the Rev 4 ???? :eek:
 
Back
Top