Artifacts at BOOT and in WINDOWS (9800Pro)

PHUNBALL

Gawd
Hello All-

I just picked up a new 9800 Pro for use in a HTPC. Once I installed the card in the PC and turned it on I had severe artifacts right away. All of the boot screens and BIOS have this problem. I have tried the card in another PC and get the same thing. It appears to me that the card is DOA, but just wanted to get a second opinion before I call the guys at NewEgg...

Its a bad card.

I had the same problem with my first ATI 9700... Even the dos screens (startup /bios) would have artifacts. I had NewEgg replace it and the replacement worked fine for me.

PHUNBALL said:
Hello All-

I just picked up a new 9800 Pro for use in a HTPC. Once I installed the card in the PC and turned it on I had severe artifacts right away. All of the boot screens and BIOS have this problem. I have tried the card in another PC and get the same thing. It appears to me that the card is DOA, but just wanted to get a second opinion before I call the guys at NewEgg...

Was the card a refurb by any chance? I've heard of alot of people that bought refurb 9800's saying they are DOA, most of the newer cards are fine though :confused: , weird.

Anyways I'd call up newegg and tell them the card is DOA.

I had an evga card that I bought new that was bad....it happens :( ...get it back to them and have em send a replacement

SaViOr- said:
Was the card a refurb by any chance? I've heard of alot of people that bought refurb 9800's saying they are DOA, most of the newer cards are fine though :confused: , weird.

It was a brand new card, not a refurb. I have already called Newegg and ordered a new card(hopefully I will have it for the weekend), they will take this one back as a refund DOA...

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I still have to ask it. You plugged in the molex connector right?

The 9800 will scream at you at boot time and the PC will not POST if the molex connector is unplugged... I've made that mistake several times.

Anyway, DOA, hopefully your replacement will work :p

Back