• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Artifacting with 4870x2

lollerskater69

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
1,231
I have tried pretty much everything (Different Drivers, games, ect) and every time I start a game I get artifacts and the system eventually system freezes up. Only when attempting to play a game this happens. When surfing the web or w/e it's fine. System plays fine when using 4850 x fire and a 7950gt.

CPU: Phenom II 720 BE
Motherboard: MSI 790FX GD-70
Memory: 4GB Patriot Viper PC3-10666 (7-7-7-20)
HSF: CoolerMaster V8
PSU: Corsair TX850

The card runs cool and I set it at 100% just incase heat could be an issue. Left clocks @ default.
 
Instead of the default clocks try underclocking the card a little and see if the issues go away. If so, then your card may be going bad.
 
Back
Top