Artifacting in SLi

Bop

2[H]4U
Whenever SLi is enabled on my PC I will occaisonally see a horizontal line flash near the middle of the screen. Disabling SLi fixes this. It has been occuring since I got the cards and underclocking them doesn't fix anything. In many games it isn't noticible but it is really apparent in Civilization 4 and SW: Empire At War. I havn't seen any lines in games with built in SLi profiles like FEAR and CoD 2.(well FEAR had them whenever in slo-mo but a patch fixed that) Also I havn't seen the lines in 3dMark.

Is this just a driver issue or are my cards faulty?

Im going to have to say its a driver issue.

However try running both card's alone and see if this occurs, mabey one card is fualty?

SLi profiles are definitely set up right.

Do any of you have a SLi 7800GTX setup that you can test out to see if you get a problem? The easiest game to spot it in is Civ 4 during normal play. Its tough to catch though, its a line that looks like so kind of tear will flash on the screen for less than a second and it happens randomly. Its not a Vsync type of tear, its a solid line. It could take minutes to show or it could occur every couple of seconds for half a minute.

I'll try to test out the 2nd card but itll be a little tough as its in my WC loop, I'll try to disable the first one in windows.

Sounds like Split frame rendering is taking place. each card processes half the image.
then again i dont know much, only had Sli for 2 days,

Well sometimes the line will be on the upper portion of the screen. Does SFR split the image directly in half or does it shift?

Some games do that - depends on drivers. Yes, the line will shift up and down, depending on the load balance.

Hmm then it appears its probably a driver issue, anyone have dual 7800s they can test this out on?

Back