Artifacting in DiRT 3 - Large Pics 56k Beware

Hexus0

Gawd
I've been having some weird artifacting in DiRT3. The thing is, its only specific to this game and only specific to when the vehicle in the game crashes. The pictures really explain everything. Anyone know why this is happening? AMD Catalyst Drivers 11.6 and the rig specs are in my sig.

USD0k.jpg

l7RFy.jpg

lELRG.jpg

Lol.

FYI that's a visual effect built into the game.

yeah, look at your tack/spedo if it was hardware, the blocks in the last picture would corrupt your MPH guage as well. its supposed to mimic a video camera getting knocked around

ROFL... that's the in game camera getting jarred.

Stop slamming into things and your "artifacting problem" will magically disappear.

yup like everyone else said thats because your hitting stuff which messes up the camera.. best feature ever in the game btw. makes it a pain in the ass in bumper cam going over a massive jump and the camera starts artifacting which is very realistic to what would happen to a real camera if it was on the car.

I will play this soon,thanks for the insight now I wonder if I would have perceived this effect as corruption too

First time I saw it I thought my overclock was bad as well.

Something with Dirt 2. Thought I had massive ghosting when you went thought he curtain entering the trailer. There were RGB trails.

Oops ><

Good to know, I was kind of worried with whats going on. First time playing any of the DiRT series so I didn't know this happened. Thanks for the help everybody.

Looks like a bunch of CMYK test patterns.

Someone is going to read this and post in the catalyst driver bug thread.

I didn't know DiRT 3 was mostly rally stuff. Gymkhana is kinda fun I guess. Call me when GRiD 2 comes out.

Got DiRT3 free with my video card, haven't played it yet. This is good to know, I would've thought the same thing...

I understand why they did it for in-car camera views, but what was the point of implementing it for external views also. It's not like the camera on the tower is going to artifact when you crash. Seems like a strange design choice.

I didn't know DiRT 3 was mostly rally stuff. Gymkhana is kinda fun I guess. Call me when GRiD 2 comes out.

All DiRT = rally

It's the continuation of the Colin McRae Rally games... the first one was even called Colin McRae DiRT.

Someone is going to read this and post in the catalyst driver bug thread.

That thread isn't for game-specific bugs, remember? ;)

Not that this is a bug, it's just part of the game. It almost had me fooled the first time I saw it, but GRID does something similar if the car goes THROUGH one of the replay cameras.

There's a similar effect in batman AA later on in the game it makes you think your GPU has crashed!

Well my TRi-FIRE setup does the same thing, The devolopers are awre of the issues and do nothing to fix this, If you head to the fheir forums you will see Hundreds of posts about the numerous bugs in this game.

Back