Articaing in windows with dual monitor (when using DVI)

Suicidal Insanity

Limp Gawd
when I use DVI cable to connect my lcd to my gf4 ti4200 output without a DVI<> VGA adapter I get random artifacting or rather the image for the normal monitor on the VGA port is overlayed very lightly on the DVI monitor.

Are u using a DVI-D cable or DVI-I?

DVI-I cables also transport the analog signal. In that case you may have poorly shielded cables.

I dont think it is the cables, as occasionaly the ghosting shows up on the analog monitor instead. I'll go try using analog on both and see if that helps.

I heard that some of the earlier dual head cards suffered secondary ramdac overheating.

If I'm remembering correctly, the origional AGP 4x 4200 only has one DAC chip, something corrected in the AGP8x Ti series, which could attribute to this if your card is of substandard construction (IE Jaton or someone cheap). If yours is an AGP 8x then I don't know, first off I'd suggest hitting the nvidia specific forums and finding which drivers are best for your card vs system specs (and mention 4x or 8x rev) and go from there...

Otherwise you might just be having some unfortunate luck. :(

its MSI gf4 ti4200 with AGP 4x, it was bought quite early. I would upgrade the card if I could get one with spanned portrait mode but without that I dont really think the money is worth it.

as for heat I have one of the first gen heatpipes on the card and a 120 mm fan blowing over the entire card top and bottom, I hope thats enough

Back