Artic Cooling 7 Pro install troubles

bholstege

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
1,054
Earlier today I was installing an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. While doing so, the little aluminum thing that holds the pins to the copper base snapped off. Since I had already spent a good 10 minutes struggling with the little plastic push pins, I bet you can guess what I did.

I threw it out the window.

100_0073.jpg
 
My Artic Cooler 7 also have trouble with the plastic pin. Only 3 actually snap in. The 4th one doesnt want to stuck in. It's very annoying.
 
My arctic 7 went in easy. However the fan was a pos and I RMA'd it. My coolermaster CPU cooler I bought was a nightmare with those stupid ass pins. I almost did the same as the thread starter.
 
It's alright, now he has the opportunity to order the superior Xigmatek cooler.
:)

[edit]
By the way it looks like it was also run over by a car (multiple dents).
If you just threw it out the window and it hit the pavement, it would just have 1 huge dent, but instead it looks like it's been smashed from multiple angles.

Did it land in the road, by any chance?
 
hahaaaaa....it was a pain took like 30 mins to do it...AHHH! i went on corner then another then push the other real real down....felt like i was going to break my cpu....
 
Back
Top