• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Arrrgh Catalyst drivers on 5870

starfury6

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
401
Finally got my new machine built (in sig) and Windows 7 installed without issue. However as soon as I installed the Catalyst drivers (latest from ATI site 8.66 RC6) windows boots and the monitor goes straight into Power Save mode as if the frequency is too high or something. I can boot into safe mode with no problems.

Am going to try removing the drivers in Safe mode and reinstall them, see if that helps. I already tried installing the RC7 version but Catalyst installer needs to be able to detect the hardware, unlike the nvidia drivers, so they wont install in safe mode. I expect I will reinstall windows tonight and try again if uninstalling doesn't work.

Any other ideas? Anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks guys n gals.
 
I naver had this issue using a DVI cable, how are you hooking up to the monitor ?
 
Back
Top