• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ARRG... second bad PSU.. RMA?

lordsegan

Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
624
I RMAed a DOA PSU just a few days ago. Now I have an Enermax and the 80mm fan is clicking like mad. Should I RMA the mofo or simply void the warranty and put a new fan in it. Is there any way I can stop the clicking?

Does anyone else have a slight clicking noise coming from their enermax fan?
 
lordsegan said:
I RMAed a DOA PSU just a few days ago. Now I have an Enermax and the 80mm fan is clicking like mad. Should I RMA the mofo or simply void the warranty and put a new fan in it. Is there any way I can stop the clicking?

Does anyone else have a slight clicking noise coming from their enermax fan?

Take a light and look through the fan (fans) grill and see if there isn’t a wire very close to the fan blades. As in, a wire you could push back out of the way carefully with a long screwdriver.

Found one like that the other week, totally stupid I know but very easy to fix.

Just a thought
 
Thanks. I thought I had checked for that. But I took a good flashlight and saw a tiny plastic trace left over from manufacture. Cut it out with a screwdriver and noise is gone! Thank god. $120 PSU shouldnt have this problem tho!!!
 
trace?

you mean like an assembly adhesive strand or something?

keep in mind that the labor for most supplies are done by job shops on the Chinese mainland
they get assembled and burned in, labor costs are pretty similar for most supplies and not directly under "manufacturer" control

what your really paying for is the design and the quality of the components ;)
 
hotglue "pullout" more than likely, thats not any real great indicator of poor craftsmanship
but its funny how the little things can be so annoying :p

im sure Enermax appreciates you dealing with it instead of RMAing it ;)
 
Back
Top