arrg! Cant find Catalyst 3.4 drivers. :(

Goat_187

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
250
I'm sick of looking for Catalyst 3.4 drives, and i heard thats the only version that allows overclocking a 9600 np.


All the links I have found are dead. Anyone know where I can find them? or a better way to overclock this card?


thanks.
 
Brent_Justice said:
The driver archive on ATI's website goes all the way back to October 2001.
True.

To Goat_187:
After you click on the "Drivers & Software" link on the ATi Web site, you will have to do a search for "Catalyst 3.4". Pick the correct link for "RADEON Previous Windows [insert version here] Drivers and Software versions prior to CATALYST 5.1 / Multimedia Center 9.03", and then scroll down the page which comes up until you get to the Catalyst 3.4.
 
You can't link ATI's driver pages anymore, but follow my steps to get to it:

Go to www.ati.com

Click on Drivers and Software at the top

On the Left Side under ATI Customer Care click the plus sign next to Drivers and Software

Click the OS you need, example Windows XP, click the plus sign

Click on the Plus sign for RADEON

Then click on Previous Drivers and Software

On that screen that comes up on the right hand side click on Radeon Previous Windows XP Drivers and Software Versions Prior to Catalyst 5.1

Scroll down, tada, drivers going all the way back to October 2001. Catalyst 3.4 is there.

BTW I figured this out myself, all it takes is a little effort if you really want to find stuff like this.
 
Brent_Justice said:
You can't link ATI's driver pages anymore, but follow my steps to get to it:

Go to www.ati.com

Click on Drivers and Software at the top

On the Left Side under ATI Customer Care click the plus sign next to Drivers and Software

Click the OS you need, example Windows XP, click the plus sign

Click on the Plus sign for RADEON

Then click on Previous Drivers and Software

On that screen that comes up on the right hand side click on Radeon Previous Windows XP Drivers and Software Versions Prior to Catalyst 5.1

Scroll down, tada, drivers going all the way back to October 2001. Catalyst 3.4 is there.

BTW I figured this out myself, all it takes is a little effort if you really want to find stuff like this.
Oh, I did not think of that method. Thank you for suggesting that to the OP!
 
Ati's new driver layout page is fucking stupid. They way they had it before was so less confusing. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
 
Back
Top