• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Armor case transmitting vibrations to desk

michelito

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
85
I put together my first build with a TT aluminium Armor case, and right now it's sitting on my desk. Problem is that there are some vibrations being transmitted from the case to the desk (from the 3 drives or the fans, not sure yet).

Has anyone put different feet on this case in order to isolate vibrations, and if so, what did you use? I am trying to search for rubber/silicone feet but can't seem to find anything.

Suggestions (besides changing cases? :p )
 
I'd put it on top of some cloth mousepads, at least it worked with one of my cases. I have a lot of mousepads.

-Rannoch
 
Yeah something like a hand towel or rubber to absorb the vibrations will work under it. If you don't want to do that some rubber screws on your fans should help. If the vibrations are coming from the HDD then suspend it with rubber bands :D


Rubber is your godsend.
 
TT have some real nice cases and I own a couple of them. The only thing is their material is really thin and if you have a high speed hard drive you will get vibrations, especially if you have the raptor.
 
I hadn't thought about using mousepads... I'll have to dig some out - I haven't used one in a while ... :)

What about replacing the feet? It should be doable, but I just need to find something compatible... any places that carry something like that online?
 
If the vibration isn't coming from your hard drive, start looking at your fans. Stop each one individually until you find the source of the vibration, and replace (or change the speed of) that fan.
 
I put my case on a folded up towel and it reduced noise dramatically. Its kind of ghetto looking, but I'm not out to impress.
 
Mohonri said:
If the vibration isn't coming from your hard drive, start looking at your fans. Stop each one individually until you find the source of the vibration, and replace (or change the speed of) that fan.

The fan in the icage in front of the hard disks is generating some noise... I'll check into getting a better one.
 
You might also take a trip to your local Lowe's or Home Depot--they have a decent selection (or at least Lowe's does) of rubber feet and such that are intended for furniture, but which would work just fine for your computer.
 
home depot, meijers, or k-mart have something for about $2 that will solve that problem. Its this thick felt that comes in a big square with a sticky backing. You cut it out to fit how you want, then stick it on. It pretty much completely eliminates vibration.
 
Back
Top